• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Fushi's Guide To Forumming

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
Well, to start off, I'll just explain what being a "forummer" is. It's basically the title for those who spend lots of their time on the MCSG forums, and reach ranks such as Active Member. As a forummer, you generally aim for things like getting likes or followers, or just making people laugh. And some people really like posting guides, like my current one. Also, please note that this isn't to be confused with Duckluv's guide to the MCSG forums.

Reaching the "Member" rank:

Once you've joined the forums, you probably won't be satisfied with the title "New Member." If your aim is to be active on the forums, rather than active in-game (which you would donate for), you'll probably want to reach the Member rank. To do so, you will need to collectively post thirty messages. This is not to be confused with profile messages, which won't count as a message under your profile. Reaching thirty messages on the forums won't take too long, but try to avoid spamming every post you can find, and especially, do not double-post.

Receiving a custom avatar:

Now that your rank is "Member," a standard profile picture probably won't suit you. Now, you've got several options for a different avatar. You could easily just choose some random picture from the internet, like a picture of a cute bunny. But most people prefer something customized to their tastes. If so, I would recommend requesting an avatar from an artist (e.g. FinsGraphics, JokersMaze, Chezerony, Boboaluitz, Duckluv321, etc.). If something like this still doesn't suit you, a tool called FaceYourManga is currently very popular on MCSG (even though I personally don't like it).

Getting trophy points is like reaching milestones on the forums. You should always feel accomplished when you reach higher and higher amounts of them. You can also tell when people are successful forummers when they've reached high amounts of trophy points (e.g. HalfSquirrel has 113 trophy points, while !#!matt!#! has 0 trophy points).

Generating a successful thread:

You'll always want to have that one thread with hundreds of replies, but few actually get to. Something to keep in mind when posting a good "guide" thread is that you want to give lots of quantity and quality. You also shouldn't try to get your thread popular by posting it on every single member's profiles. I've seen threads that have done that, and they often start flame wars. Speaking of which, you should try to keep controversial thread material in a PM or in a Skype/TS message to avoid getting lots of hate.

Getting Followers:

There are so many new members these days who think that following everyone will give you lots of followers. Or others think that they should just write "follow for follow?" on everyone's profiles, but it doesn't work like that. To gain followers, you'll need to be friendly, funny, smart, artistic, or just popular via other sources (e.g. YouTube, PMC, etc.). Gaining followers "naturally" can be a slow process, but it truly pays off in the end.

Getting the "Active Member" rank:

When you're a forummer, Active Member is often your goal. To reach this outstanding rank, you'll need to reach one thousand posts, and five hundred likes. This will truly take lots of commitment and originality, but overall, it'll take lots and lots of time. If you want this rank, but aren't always around a computer, try using a mobile device, if you have any. I personally recommend using an iPad, but I'm aware that not everyone can afford such a thing. If you really just don't have the time to reach Active Member, that's perfectly fine. It's just a rank, after all.

I hope that you all enjoyed this guide! Please PM me or write on my profile if you have any further inquiries. Thanks, and happy forumming!

-Fushi

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very nice thread! Although the cyan and yellow text is kinda strenuous on the eyes against the white background of the mobile site :p
But altogether, very well written :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Nice. But my goal right now is "Highest Posting Members." I'm only about 80 behind the last person, and they are inactive. ^_^

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Very nice guide ! But the colors hurt my eyes on my phone :p

Oblift

Experienced
Reaction score
If you see someone typing a bunch of information in a General Support page...he most likely wants his page stickied.

Tozzaa

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread, and sorry to have to be the grammar Nazi to point this out, but forummer/forumming isn't a word. There's a slang term which consists of one 'M' in each, however. So it should be forumer/foruming (or at least, that's most appropriate in most forms of English).

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread, and sorry to have to be the grammar Nazi to point this out, but forummer/forumming isn't a word. There's a slang term which consists of one 'M' in each, however. So it should be forumer/foruming (or at least, that's most appropriate in most forms of English).
Nope, revisit that. Even though it's not a word, it would be forumming. It's an advanced rule of english...trust me, if you're a Grammar Nazi, I'm Grammar Hitler :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci