• Pardon our dust!

    Welcome to the MCGamer Network forums! There are sections of our website that may not look the best or entire areas lacking content entirely (such as...leaderboards?)... we're working on it!

    If you've found an issue with a specific area of the website that doesn't look like it's intentional, please report the issue by clicking here. We can't fix it if we don't know about it!

Fundamental Features for MCGamer to Succeed

heydude

Spectator
Joined
Jul 2, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Introduction
Hello, I'm a fairly old AU player who sadly had their region taken down. I lost faith in the Network, it was losing money, success and popularity very quickly. However, since your Summer Update I have been very excited and are beginning to have hope for the server. I do feel compelled however to make this thread addressing features that are absolutely essential in order for MCGamer to prosper as it once did.

1. Forgiveness Policy
This undoubtedly needs to be added. Now with your XAC supposedly getting a massive overhaul this is absolutely vital in order for MCGamer to gain its playerbase again, because one of the reasons that MCGamer only has 10% of its original playerbase is because the other 90% is banned lol. Believe me, people change. It's absolutely unambiguous to players that the lack of a forgiveness policy is one of the major reasons that the server is dying. When you ban a popular player for a reason such as "3rd offence abuse" or something similar which is just completely stupid they simply move to Badlion and you are losing yet another player.

2. Ban Evasion Policy
Just like many other servers, change the policy to when you are banned, you may evade your ban. After 2 permanent bans, you are IP banned. Simple yet effective. While players are banned they will move to another server that has more leniency if you do not implement this.

3. More Chat Leniency
Perhaps more chat leniency is required. Swearing is instantly redacted on MCGamer and the original reason was so that younger players would be drawn to MCGamer's friendliness. This however has quite categorically not worked throughout the years, I am aware Hypixel and Mineplex do not allow swearing but you do have to understand that MCSG has changed throughout the years, it started off as a humble and friendly "Hunger Games" server to imitate the book/movie. Since then it has evolved into a very competitive PvP Network, and you'll find with this sort of community not being able to swear is more of a burden than a positive thing.

Conclusion
Thanks for reading, these are just some simple policies that can be changed with a few keystrokes from high-up staff. Please take this into consideration, staff. It will be an incredible help to the prosperity of the network.
 

Forums

Survivor
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
88
Reaction score
141
1. Forgiveness Policy
This undoubtedly needs to be added. Now with your XAC supposedly getting a massive overhaul this is absolutely vital in order for MCGamer to gain its playerbase again, because one of the reasons that MCGamer only has 10% of its original playerbase is because the other 90% is banned lol. Believe me, people change. It's absolutely unambiguous to players that the lack of a forgiveness policy is one of the major reasons that the server is dying. When you ban a popular player for a reason such as "3rd offence abuse" or something similar which is just completely stupid they simply move to Badlion and you are losing yet another player.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is a forgiveness policy in place.
2. Ban Evasion Policy
Just like many other servers, change the policy to when you are banned, you may evade your ban. After 2 permanent bans, you are IP banned. Simple yet effective. While players are banned they will move to another server that has more leniency if you do not implement this.
What would be the point in banning them? Why not just kick them as a warning and hope they change?

3. More Chat Leniency
Perhaps more chat leniency is required. Swearing is instantly redacted on MCGamer and the original reason was so that younger players would be drawn to MCGamer's friendliness. This however has quite categorically not worked throughout the years, I am aware Hypixel and Mineplex do not allow swearing but you do have to understand that MCSG has changed throughout the years, it started off as a humble and friendly "Hunger Games" server to imitate the book/movie. Since then it has evolved into a very competitive PvP Network, and you'll find with this sort of community not being able to swear is more of a burden than a positive thing.
Please, no. I hate logging into a server where the chat is just full of 14 year olds yelling swearwords. I'd rather have a smaller community of friendly people who are able to control what they type in chat than a large community of raging kids with no self awareness or control.

 

demonsushi

District 13
Joined
Feb 18, 2014
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
1,883
Introduction
Hello, I'm a fairly old AU player who sadly had their region taken down. I lost faith in the Network, it was losing money, success and popularity very quickly. However, since your Summer Update I have been very excited and are beginning to have hope for the server. I do feel compelled however to make this thread addressing features that are absolutely essential in order for MCGamer to prosper as it once did.

1. Forgiveness Policy
This undoubtedly needs to be added. Now with your XAC supposedly getting a massive overhaul this is absolutely vital in order for MCGamer to gain its playerbase again, because one of the reasons that MCGamer only has 10% of its original playerbase is because the other 90% is banned lol. Believe me, people change. It's absolutely unambiguous to players that the lack of a forgiveness policy is one of the major reasons that the server is dying. When you ban a popular player for a reason such as "3rd offence abuse" or something similar which is just completely stupid they simply move to Badlion and you are losing yet another player.

2. Ban Evasion Policy
Just like many other servers, change the policy to when you are banned, you may evade your ban. After 2 permanent bans, you are IP banned. Simple yet effective. While players are banned they will move to another server that has more leniency if you do not implement this.

3. More Chat Leniency
Perhaps more chat leniency is required. Swearing is instantly redacted on MCGamer and the original reason was so that younger players would be drawn to MCGamer's friendliness. This however has quite categorically not worked throughout the years, I am aware Hypixel and Mineplex do not allow swearing but you do have to understand that MCSG has changed throughout the years, it started off as a humble and friendly "Hunger Games" server to imitate the book/movie. Since then it has evolved into a very competitive PvP Network, and you'll find with this sort of community not being able to swear is more of a burden than a positive thing.

Conclusion
Thanks for reading, these are just some simple policies that can be changed with a few keystrokes from high-up staff. Please take this into consideration, staff. It will be an incredible help to the prosperity of the network.
1. There used to be a forgiveness policy, but what ended up being found over a 2 year period was that less than 1% of people who hacked once changed. 99% of people offended twice.

2. Last time they IP banned someone the banned everyone in US MoLoToV.

3. No. I don't want kids screaming swear words it annoying.
 

arsenal

District 13
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
3,234
  1. We already have a forgiveness policy.

  2. No. I don't see how this is different then banning hackers for one week like we use to do. It allows people to easily join the network again. Statistics showed the almost all hackers hacked again once their one week banned expired. And do you really think they are going to stop at only two accounts if we allow evasion? You will probably argue that they would be forced to stop by the IP ban but you can just use a VPN or change your IP and you are around the IP ban. I know there are some methods to make it harder to get around it, but nothing is fool proof and it isn't difficult to get around an IP ban. Additionally, IP bans often end up banning innocent players like siblings or other people in an apartment.

  3. No. This type of policy has lead some other networks to collapse as the owners cannot handle the amount of horrible things getting said in chat. A strict chat policy is the way to go. Mature people can communicate without swearing.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
242,273
Messages
2,452,523
Members
523,193
Latest member
Hyphast