• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fullscreen = No lag, Windowed = Lag

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Title says it all. I've never had this problem, but today I was playing and all of a sudden my Minecraft FPS was the same (constantly 100+), but then it was also choppy and laggy. I go into fullscreen, it was the same as normal. Someone halp me figure out how to fix the lag in windowed.

Reaction score
I don't want to play in Fullscreen. I don't have two monitors, so having to go around everywhere sucks.
Same ^
I always alt-tab when in-game to see links in teamspeak/skype, play browser games (grepolis) etc. etc.
Imo, with 1.8 a lot of bugs have come out. ~snip~

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KiDD

Ah, I should be able to help.

Well, basically, Full screen will play nicely all the time nearly. Although, you can change your "color scheme" or "color theme", to achieve a significantly higher FPS rate than you're getting in windowed mode, now. So, most likely you're set to a color theme/scheme that is causing you to get a low FPS rate in windowed mode. I'm not entirely sure on the specifics, but I know how you can change your color scheme/theme. You can right click your desktop and go to "Properties/Personalize". Then go to "Windows Color and Appearance/Window Color icon -->Advanced appearance settings" and try changing your color scheme/theme to Windows Standard or Windows Classic, or another basic setting that will not lag you in windowed mode. If you don't see a color scheme changer, you can click on the "Open classic appearance properties for more color options" and it should be there.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
This is because the CPU is sending a crap ton of data to render in the front of the screen to the and behind the screen to the GPU. Such as you have youtube videos in the background, a horrendous amount of GIFs while browsing 4chan, or something is wrong with your memory buffer being able to transfer that data.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is because the CPU is sending a crap ton of data to render in the front of the screen to the and behind the screen to the GPU. Such as you have youtube videos in the background, a horrendous amount of GIFs while browsing 4chan, or something is wrong with your memory buffer being able to transfer that data.
Actually, I updated my computer because it needed an update, and this amongst other problems got fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci