• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Strategy.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Anyone that has seen my messages or posts here on the forums: How is my English? Im Puerto Rican, so English isnt my first language.

I mean, look at how "theif" is spelled.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Anyone that has seen my messages or posts here on the forums: How is my English? Im Puerto Rican, so English isnt my first language.

Your English is okay, it's not great by any standards. In fact, it's quite simple. But remember, the kind of grammar that really makes a difference is making sure that you're not using silly mistakes such as not capitalizing, horrible spelling- like using 'r' instead of 'are'. Small things like sentance structure, correct comma use, is generally less looked upon for post maturity.

Also, a good thing to note is that English isn't your second language somewhere in your signature :)

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your English is okay, it's not great by any standards. In fact, it's quite simple. But remember, the kind of grammar that really makes a difference is making sure that you're not using silly mistakes such as not capitalizing, horrible spelling- like using 'r' instead of 'are'. Small things like sentance structure, correct comma use, is generally less looked upon for post maturity.

Also, a good thing to note is that English isn't your second language somewhere in your signature :)
? What do you mean in my sig?

Anyways, I usually type things like "nub", "r","yu" for comical reasons. I mean, if I really wanted to focus on my typing and English, i guess i could whoop some little 1st graders.

But I don't have an accent, at least. :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

It's pretty good, certainly acceptable at least.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
? What do you mean in my sig?

Anyways, I usually type things like "nub", "r","yu" for comical reasons. I mean, if I really wanted to focus on my typing and English, i guess i could whoop some little 1st graders.

But I don't have an accent, at least. :)
Yeah of course, using that type of language of 'nub' and such is perfectly fine for comical use. I'm just saying not to use it when writing mature posts.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah of course, using that type of language of 'nub' and such is perfectly fine for comical use. I'm just saying not to use it when writing mature posts.
Have I? Seriously, I dont know if I have.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually, it would be:
"I think (that) their map is good; please provide constructive criticism, don not simply hate on it.*"

billyguy1
Why use two words, when you can use one? Also, my sentence isn't grammarly incorrect; therefore, I see nothing wrong with it.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Why use two words, when you can use one? Also, my sentence isn't grammarly incorrect; therefore, I see nothing wrong with it.
Nice semicolon usage; I was joking, Billy and I are obsessed with semicolons and so I made that edit as a joke. Sorry if you took it seriously.

screacher90

Career
Reaction score
*In Bear Grylls Voice*
And now we read the forum about strategy on the forums.
Lets get
a closer look.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
This is the internet, I could care less about grammar. We go on the internet to get away from school, and life. Is it really necessary to type grammatically correct if you know how when the times comes? No. You're just wasting time for no reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci