• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

For this of you who have not read the Hunger Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear people of this server. I've heard a lot of people say you have not read the book. Well do! If a server this awesome was based off it you know its got to be good! Its a real quick read (took me like two days of off and on reading) and the story is awesome and you get a lot of good strategies. Please read this book cause its awesome

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score
Would you recommend the movie as well?
You could watch the movie. But it skips a lot of minor plot lines that I personally think are important to the story. Read the book, guys, it's a great read, and doesn't take too long if you have the time for it.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
I recommend you read the book, then watch the movie. They're both great. The debate about whether the book or movie is better is plain stupid.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
I recommend you read the book, then watch the movie. They're both great. The debate about whether the book or movie is better is plain stupid.
Thats what I was going to say, I don't have any reason to post here but to agree lol

RedKrosss

Spectator
Reaction score
I LOVE THE BOOKS. I read them all and forced myself not to finish. The ending is sad in Mockingjay. Btw just cause you watched the movie doesnt mean you know the true story.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
The book has some minor storylines that are not in the movie. :) The movie is good too though.

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
A bunch of my friends and I are seeing it this weekend. Even so, I might still read the book. I've never been a big reader, but seems good from what I've heard.

RedKrosss

Spectator
Reaction score
Well Most People That Dont Read Chapter Books Much Are Either Lazy Or They Cant Visualize

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
not sure what kind of strategies you could gain from reading about Katniss and Peeta hiding in a cave for several nights... But yes definately read the books, see the movie if you must. I did and was dissappointed slightly because my imagination provided a much more pleasing environment. Didn't like the crossing over to the perspectives of other characters! Yeah ok, it is easier to show another persons perspective than to edit in Katniss explaining something as voice-over but it felt less intimate when you have Games Masters and Commentators chiming in with details that weren't originally mentioned by them...

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
Well Most People That Dont Read Chapter Books Much Are Either Lazy Or They Cant Visualize
Actually neither, I just prefer watching a movie over reading a book. I used to love reading books when I was younger, now I find movies more entertaining. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci