• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

For the better of MCSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kariash

Spectator
Reaction score
Maybe, keep it at 1.7 until the new big update happens if they imploment all these ideas. And once they have done that big update keep it at 1.8, because gonna have to happen some day for every server. And who knows the new Minecraft update could fix all the bugs.

ZenaStrokes

Spectator
Reaction score
1) I think that instead of them removing old maps (Breeze Island, Fortress Pyke, Khamunrah, etc) they should remove the maps that never get picked (Haruka, Dracarys, Fallen Empire, Shady Hollow, etc). There is no point in removing old maps if people still enjoy them.

2) I agree 100% on the solo and teaming servers, but I think people should be able to go solo in a teamed match if they want an extra challenge.

Lets be honest, recently MCSG has gone downhill but because of this forum you have posted Ant you could save MCSG ~
Good luck!

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
This is a great thread, and it's great to see a YouTuber with a lot of influence to the community, showing their opinion publicly. First off, I agree with all of the points you have stated there. I especially agree with the bleeping of the trash talk that players use (I feel as though it would really help Isaac's chair and table if people would not be able to say these things XD). Anyways, I hope that the Sr. Staff and or Admins take this into consideration soon.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Just my opinions here, I personally disagree with 1&2 though:
#1 : No, pls no. There are tons of maps I love playing whereas others would happily see them removed, and vice versa. If you don't like a map voted, you can just leave pre game >.<
#2 : Cool idea but it's never going to work on such a large scale network and will only make games more competitive, which is something the community really doesn't need.
#3 : Yessss I totally agree with this point. Everyone rages when they die and it makes it 10 times worse if the person trash talks ;/
#4 : I agree with this too c: MCGamer can become so much bigger and better if the problems where fixed faster (I know the devs are trying their best, but sometimes it feels like nothing is happening to fix certain problems)
:D

Cookie_powers

Spectator
Reaction score
This is great! If enough big youtubers like you contribute to this, we can all make change!

RoyalTre

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Aitor. I'm portuguese and some of you might know me as RoyalTre.
I really like MCSG, and I think this is an AWESOME thread, so thanks Ant <3 I have a couple things I think would make our beloved server a bit better:

1- Make a "training SG" so you can train yourself where there are no Stats, or that kind of stuff. On the "Real SG" you wouldn't be allowed to team. In this one, that would be cool if there was a Rank system, like in CS:GO to make it competitive on a good way.
2- Get a better way to "detect" hackers, because there's in almost every game a hacker. If there was any way to contact a mod, or admin in-game, it would do the job. The big problem is that there are not enough mods and they have other stuff to do. (needing some ideas on this one...)
3- Not bringing 1.7 back because of 1 reason: Minecraft will always be updating! We have to adapt, PvP changed, a lot, but we need to adapt, we need to be strong!

Yeah, this is it, LET'S MAKE MCSG THE BEST SERVER, WITH THE BEST COMMUNITY!
Maybe we could go to twitter and create a hashtag and make this movement even bigger! If you are with me and Ant go to twitter and use the Hashtag: #MCSG4TheBetter

See you all fellaz, peace,
-Aitor

ItsKandee

Spectator
Reaction score
Whats the point of making a team server and solo server? Its like balloon, people still team when they aren't supposed to, so yah
not really. If they make a solo server and team server if u get caught teaming on the solo server you will automatically get banned.
And there is a lot of people who hate getting teamed on.
If you like teaming you can just go on the team server

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1- Make a "training SG" so you can train yourself where there are no Stats, or that kind of stuff. On the "Real SG" you wouldn't be allowed to team. In this one, that would be cool if there was a Rank system, like in CS:GO to make it competitive on a good way.
2- Get a better way to "detect" hackers, because there's in almost every game a hacker. If there was any way to contact a mod, or admin in-game, it would do the job. The big problem is that there are not enough mods and they have other stuff to do. (needing some ideas on this one...)
3- Not bringing 1.7 back because of 1 reason: Minecraft will always be updating! We have to adapt, PvP changed, a lot, but we need to adapt, we need to be strong!
1. Battlegrounds is a gamemode on MCGamer that should help you practice. The only thing it doesn't have is chests and Flint and Steel.
2. Actually, the MCSG anticheat can detect many hacks, but it doesn't auto-ban for most, since it can still hiccup. The plugin will file a report on the player if it is detecting suspicious activity so a mod can come in, make sure it's real, and hand out the ban.
3. Support! Besides, 1.7 would take months to downgrade to.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Anthony other wise know as CreeperFarts. I'd like to start off this forum post by saying this is in no way to be taken negatively or in attempt to "Outlash" on MCSG. It is simply my suggestions and my thoughts on how I think we can make this server a more enjoyable and relaxed environment for all of us. Over the past few months MCSG has not been exactly "up to par" on what us (the players) expect from it. So, I thought it was about time I'd make a post about this so people can hear what not only I had to say about this, but also the players. What I have below is a few suggestions on what I think should be implemented into the server to make it a more enjoyable experience for all of us. Before you go ahead and begin reading I would like to state that if you have any more suggestions please post it as a reply to this thread.

Suggestion #1 - In game map removals/adding new maps:

First is first I'd like to state that MCSG has some fantastic maps. Some which are old, some which are new. However, ever since the raffle voting system came back a lot of the unwanted/disliked maps have been showing up a lot. I feel as if as a community we have a poll as to which maps get removed. Therefore making a better playing experience as to what maps we play. This leads me to adding new maps. New maps get added to MCSG every once in a while, which is a great thing! However not all maps are enjoyable for the community to play. So here is a great suggestion for adding maps. My suggestion is that every month or so MCSG releases a "Map Pack" with about 5 maps or so that the community can play for a given trial period of time. During this trial period of the map pack players can vote on the maps they like the most and which they like the least. After the trial stage of these maps, staff members can tally up the votes and use the maps that were voted the most and put them into the official voting system rotation.

Suggestion #2 - Solo queue vs Team queue games:

We all know teaming has been a big issue for solo players for a very long time. My suggestion is to add different server types that allow teaming and also have those that only allow strictly solo
queuing. To prevent people from teaming in a solo queued game I feel as the consequence of a temp ban would suit that well. That way we can make sure the solo queue is strictly for solo players only. When it comes to the team queue games solo's would be aloud if they wish to join. One thing I do want to touch on is there should be a team capacity for this game mode to make sure it isn't too unfair.

Suggestion #3 - Bleeping out rude/disrespectful chat messages:

We all know how annoying it is when someone in game calls you "Ez" or says "gg10" etc. I feel as if MCSG should block those messages out completely from chat. Sure it may be funny if you use those words and you think it's cool or whatever but at the end of the day it just tears the community apart. In terms it makes it a negative place to be in. I think we can all agree this would be an amazing push if MCSG actually did this. It would not only make for a more positive enjoyable environment, but also make the community a better place to be.

Suggestion #4 - Listen to the community more/Stay in tune with it:

Over the past year or so MCSG has had many problems (Like any server out there). It's understandable. However I feel as if it takes months to fix one tiny thing. For instance, the disguise command. The disguise command was broken for months on end and a lot of people were upset about that. Anyways, I feel if MCSG staff would listen to the community quicker when it came to issues or suggestions and made them happen sooner they wouldn't have many people complaining. That's one of the main reasons why I see people leaving MCSG and switching to different servers.

Anyways I think that sums it up for the suggestions I currently have. As I said before if you guys have anymore suggestions you'd like to chip in, feel free to comment them down below. To sum up everything I'd like to thank everyone who has read this for your time. I hope this can have a positive outlook on MCSG for the future.

Best,
Anthony

Tbh, I like lots of the "unpopular" maps, It is a nice idea, however, there is a fear of Tyranny of the Majority, E.G I like Origins and SG 3 and I RARELY get to play them. Since the introduction of the % vote I have seen them being chosen :) It is nice. :p gotta watch out for Tyranny of the Majority, and Minority dude, instead of removing these maps, perhaps suggest a different system to the First Past the Post voting System as suggested in regard to Maps, as it is likely to upset a section of the community :). Also regarding the Map Pack Idea, I can see it highly flawed. For Example, using the Current Maps: Pack 1 : Turbulence, Survival Games 3, Estyr, Survival Games Highway, and Survival Games 4, It is obvious which map here would be kicked out. It is Survival Games 3. Now Let's shake up the pack a bit... Pack 2: Survival Games 3, Lost zoo, Survival Games 4, Breeze Island 1, Return to Moonbase 9. Out of this packed the Chances are Lost zoo would be selected. So therefore depending on the mix would decide the map, not the people ;p.

However, personally I agree with the comments re: respecting others more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci