• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Flint & Steel more useful then Arrows?

Flint & Steel or Arrows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Depends on the scenario. For example running through thick trees close together (Like the ones at corn on map2) Away from someone use Flint&Steel and place it behind you so your opponent lights on fire, then go in for some hits.

Doomd12

Survivor
Reaction score
Close range, no weapon : Flint & Steel
Long range, enemies have armor and weapon : Arrow

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
flint and steel's limited usages in MCSG, coupled with the fact that it's not really accurate, make me sway more towards arrow.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
If I can get a hit with the flint and steel and have plenty of time to wait for it's damage without being hit myself... Flint and steel.
If I want a farther range/instant damage with more accuracy... Arrows.

Generally, I prefer arrows. I have gotten a kill or two with flint and steel though, it can be really useful if used right. It's entirely possible to lead somebody through a narrow path and then it will be hard for them to sway away from the fire, which can do a devastating 4 hearts of damage, no matter the armor of the opponent.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
yes flint and steel is useful but the sheer range and stealth of a bow is so useful as you can take them down from a height but they cant get you. Flint and steel is only really either a last resort or a desperate hope for a kill usually.

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
Well arrows work better for me cuz when I attack with flint and steel I burn myse
F and the one that is attacking me

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
Flint ans Steel is also got for quick getaways if you're outmatched by another tribute (armor weps etc). Cut of their path with fire, so they'll have have to make a choice whether they really want the kill or not. Works especially well on really narrow paths. Narrow Paths = More unavoidable fire. But I personally like the Bow and Arrow better, more control, power and durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci