• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing rod or Flint and Steel?

hagoo101

Spectator
Reaction score
So far it is..... 7 for fishing rod and 4 for flint and steel

ExiledBear

Tribute
Reaction score
Depends on situation but i would say rod cause its fun and op when used right, fns is boring :c.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Fishing rod overrated, nonetheless it is still really good! I choose FnS tho.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Can you guys not see it? A rod can't cause damage to an opponent xD so yeah fns is way more useful. You can use it to run away, set off traps, make an invis trap, disengage, in gauge.

Don't get me wrong, I love getting combos with a rod as much as the next pvper.

Only disadvantage on using a flint and steel over a rod is that it runs out, and especially with the last tic glitch, makes it less op

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
I prefer the FnS over the fishing rod because of there are different ways to use the FnS and not to offend anyone, but I find the Fishing Rod a lot easier to use than the FnS because with the fishing rod, you just have to right click the rod and switch to your sword really quickly.
There are a lot of different things you can do with the FnS, you can invis fire (grass, iron bars, glass, glowstone etc.). With the ways you can light fire, there are many ways (Unexpected Fire, 360 Fire, 180 side fire, and the fire when you place it in-front of them while they are running so they run into it [I don't know the name for that FnS]). Another thing I like is that you can easily start off a fight with it.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I prefer the FnS over the fishing rod because of there are different ways to use the FnS and not to offend anyone, but I find the Fishing Rod a lot easier to use than the FnS because with the fishing rod, you just have to right click the rod and switch to your sword really quickly.
There are a lot of different things you can do with the FnS, you can invis fire (grass, iron bars, glass, glowstone etc.). With the ways you can light fire, there are many ways (Unexpected Fire, 360 Fire, 180 side fire, and the fire when you place it in-front of them while they are running so they run into it [I don't know the name for that FnS]). Another thing I like is that you can easily start off a fight with it.
The name for the last fns tactic is called "unexpected fire" created by noahsailer

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
The name for the last fns tactic is called "unexpected fire" created by noahsailer
I named the 'Unexpected Fire', but I'm talking about when you are chasing someone and you place the fire in-front of them.
and I don't think NoahSailer made it, he just popularized it.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
I used to be a hugee F&S lover, people considered me F&S god, no joke. But recently, i've gotten horrible at it.. so F-rod :)

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I named the 'Unexpected Fire', but I'm talking about when you are chasing someone and you place the fire in-front of them.
and I don't think NoahSailer made it, he just popularized it.
Oh, isn't that like offensive fns or cutt off fns?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci