• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing rod or Flint and Steel?

hagoo101

Spectator
Reaction score
In your opinion, which one is better, Fishing rod or Flint and steel

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Most people will probably say rod, but I'll go for the FnS any day.
It's a very versatile weapon. It can be used defensively to slow down your assailants, or be used offensively to initiate a fight.

The FnS is my main weapon, I can't win a single game without it. ;D

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Definitely the fishing rod. It can be used in many more scenarios than the Flint and Steel in my opinion. However, a flint and steel is much more useful for taking out teams.

xPenguini

Survivor
Reaction score
I personally believe that the fishing rod is better because you can use it as a defense mechanism and as a weapon when you attack.

OGLad_

Career
Reaction score
I rarely find myself using the flint and steel. I really only like flint and steel for fighting a team, hacker, or someone who is way more stacked than me. so rod :d

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
Nah, I absolutely suck at using the rod. I can USE it, but I find myself hardly ever actually using it in fights. I use the FnS aLOT more. Its much more useful in my opinion, and I have literally gone in a single-player world and spent a day practising manoeuvres with it. Its alot more useful to me.

FnS evrytim

yellowcreeper1

Spectator
Reaction score
I'do say Fishing rod. It can be used more in any situation, to guarantee you the first hit. And when it comes to Flint and steel, what use is it in a water fight, or on slabs?

hagoo101

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the flint and steel. I think it is easier using the flint and steel then a fishing rod.

Reaction score
I'm not one to be bias over a specific secondary, but I do prefer the Fishing rod, just because you can't use a fns underwater.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
Like most people, I feel the fishing rod is one of the most valueable tools in a PvP situation. It can be utilized to take out teams and hackers. Not to mention XP and fishing.

With a rod members of a team can be knocked back, allowing you to get a quick 1v1.

Hackers aren't the best players, so with a rod you can knock them back, with time to regen or stratigize.

N

Nafeynafe

Nah, I absolutely suck at using the rod. I can USE it, but I find myself hardly ever actually using it in fights. I use the FnS aLOT more. Its much more useful in my opinion, and I have literally gone in a single-player world and spent a day practising manoeuvres with it. Its alot more useful to me.

FnS evrytim
^^^^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci