• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events EU Operation CleanSweep - Winter 2016!

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score

(Thanks to Braden for the banner!)

EU Operation Cleansweep!

Around 7 months ago, we sadly ended off the last session of the EU OCS Spring edition. However, the last weeks, the OCS Crew came together to host some impromptu EU Cleansweeps. In these sessions, we had a lot of fun and mostly important: bans!

The amount of hackers on our servers seemed to increase again, and with that being confirmed in the impromptu Cleansweeps, we are here to announce a new season of the Official EU Operation Cleansweep! We will be returning, starting on the 25th of January around 6 PM GMT!

This seasons we have a couple of changes, which will be explained in the rest of the thread.

What is a Cleansweep? What does OCS stand for?

OCS stands for ‘Operation CleanSweep’. For those of you who don't know, a Cleansweep is run over a period of 2 hours, during which time both staff and community members get together in an event channel on the TeamSpeak server and go from server to server looking for those pesky hackers.

In previous seasonal operations, this has proven to be a successful way of eliminating hackers from the EU network; however, we are still looking into ways to make the operation even more successful. If you have any ideas for the Cleansweep, please PM any member of the EU OCS Crew. The members will be listed further below.

When and where will the Cleansweeps be held?

In order to catch the most hackers as possible, we organize 2 hour cleansweeps during the peak times in the EU region on our Teamspeak server (ts.mcgamer.net). In previous seasons we had 14 hours of sweeps, spread over 5 days. In this new season we are going to introduce a new schedule. With 8 hours of sweeps in a week, spread over 4 days, we think that our ratio can be better than when we would use the old schedule. We will be hosting sessions which last 2 hours, we will be hosting them on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, on the times which can be found here:

Monday: 6PM-8PM (GMT) | 1PM-3PM (EDT)
Wednesday: 7PM-9PM (GMT) | 2PM-4PM (EDT)
Friday: 6PM-8PM (GMT) | 1PM-3PM (EDT)
Saturday: 7PM-9PM (5PM-7PM on meeting days) (GMT) | 2PM-4PM (1PM-3PM on meeting days) (EDT)

and this handy little link:

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/gmt-to-est-converter

Who will be in charge of the EU Cleansweep?

Our current EU OCS Crew consists of the following staff members: mfungamer, MisiLica, Mauro, Axanite | Liam, Tiger, Exzone and myself (Vigilo). If you have any questions or concerns regarding the EU Cleansweep, or as mentioned above, if you have any ideas on how we could improve this event, then please make sure to ask or to let us know!

How will the Cleansweeps be run? What can we expect?

Throughout previous operations and seasons, we have improved a lot and we came up with a solid system to get rid of as many hackers as possible during the 2 hour sweeps. If you are a member of staff and you wish to participate, feel free to hop into the channel at any time when the event is going on. You guys will be kept up-to-date with any changes or updates on our Slack. If you are a member of the community, please follow the steps provided below:

1/ Poke a member of the OCS Crew in the dedicated channel on the teamspeak with a message asking to help out and if you could join. You can recognize them by the [OCS Crew] tag next to their name or by the hammer icon that represents the Cleansweep (
).

2/ Shortly after, you will be moved up into a meeting room to be made aware of the OCS Rules, we will be asking you to fill out an Google form. In this form you have to provide us your usernames on all the platforms and agree with the EU OCS Agreement. Once we you have sent the form and the EU OCS Crew member approves it, you can sweep with us.

For those who are interested, this is the agreement you will have to sign:

By joining the EU Operation Cleansweep, I agree that I will actively participate in catching hackers on the EU network, and that I will not be found breaking any of the Official MCGamer Rules which can be found at http://mcgamer.info. I must be able to record video myself and the MCGamer staff reserves the right to remove me from the channel or Teamspeak if I am found breaking any of these rules. I also agree with that I can be punished if I delete/remove the evidence I provided to be used in the Cleansweep.

3/ If you are having trouble looking for hackers on the servers, then please do not hesitate to poke any member of staff in the channel asking to provide you the username of a player on our /reports list in-game. They will gladly give you a username and server ID so that you are able to check said player out, and gather sufficient evidence in case they would indeed be hacking.

4/ After you have successfully recorded and uploaded the evidence, please poke it to a member of the OCS Crew and we will make sure that they will be banned accordingly and that your username and efforts have been noted down, so that it can be taken into account again in the future..

* Are you not able to record? Please do not refrain from poking a member of Staff in the channel regarding a hacker you have just found in-game. We will not be able to move you in as you do need to be able to record video, however I can assure you that the player will be followed and dealt with if needed.

* Are you not able to get on our Teamspeak server? That's fine. You can still help out by recording and reporting hackers at http://report.mcgamer.info. These reports are a huge help to both the network and the staff team.

Your presence will be greatly appreciated and we sincerely hope that we will have a great start with many participants, and that this may last until the end of the new Spring season!

Prizes!

You might have seen them around already, every season there is a wonderful Operation CleanSweep medal on the forums. In order to receive such a beautiful forum medal you will have to get some bans in our sessions. The amount of required bans for a medal will be determined when the season ends. Besides that there might be some other nice prizes, so stay tuned and sweep the EU servers with us!

Some Frequently Asked Questions:

Question: Will the Cleansweep ever end?
Answer: The operation will continue as long as it is needed. If there is ever a point when the amount of hackers on EU is low, it may end, but it will start as soon as the hacker problem is present again.

Question: Do I have to talk?
Answer: No, you don't have to talk, but you can if you'd like.

Question: Do I have to record?
Answer: Yes, we are only allowing those who can record to join; however, if you want to help out, you can still message us people you suspect are hacking or directly poke us the evidence if you have any.

Question: Is there a US or AU Cleansweep?
Answer: Unfortunately, it has been a very very long time since we have had US and AU Cleansweeps. However, we will hopefully not be mainly focusing on the EU. Please check out the following threads for more information regarding the previous operations:

US/CA: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/us-ca-operation-cleansweep.167666/

AU: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/au-operation-cleansweep.171954/

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Have a wonderful weekend, I hope you will join me and the rest of the staff in getting rid of these hackers!

Special thanks to:

Nephilim - for hosting other seasons of the EU OCS and for writing the majority of this thread for the EU OCS Spring 2015!
Frazzli185, MoLoToV - for hosting other seasons of the EU OCS!

Original EU Cleansweep Thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/operation-clean-sweep.141890/

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
Guess I gotta shine my ban hammer a little bit more in the next few days to get it ready ;) Glad to see OCS making a return!

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can you guys hear that?
The Ban Hammer has spoken! :p
Yaass!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member