• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

EU Operation Cleansweep - Spring 2015!

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score

(Thanks to Hxdrah for the banner!)

EU Operation Cleansweep!

10 weeks have passed since the last Official EU Cleansweep and it is about time that the staff team and community get together again in an attempt to sweep as many hackers as possible off of the EU region!

(huge thanks to Vanicle !!)

We, the EU OCS Crew, are proud to announce that we will be returning, starting on the 27th of April 2015 around 7 PM BST! Due to the rise in the amount of hackers on the EU region lately and due to the popular demand for returning the infamous “Ew Clensweps”, we have decided that we will be back on duty for as long as our help is needed!

What is a Cleansweep? What does OCS stand for?

OCS stands for Operation Clean Sweep. For those of you who don't know, a Cleansweep is run over a period of 2 hours, during which time both staff and community members get together in a custom channel on the TeamSpeak server and go from server to server looking for those pesky hackers.

In previous seasonal operations, this has proven to be a successful way of eliminating hackers from the EU network; however, we are still looking into ways to make the operation even more successful. If you have any ideas for the Cleansweep, please PM any member of the EU OCS Crew. The members will be listed further below.

When and where will the Cleansweeps be held?

In order to catch the most hackers as possible, we organize 2 hour cleansweeps during the peak times in the EU region on our Teamspeak server (ts.mcgamer.net). The times will be listed below and will be the same as in the past:

Monday: 7PM-9PM (BST) | 2PM-4PM (EDT)
Wednesday: 8PM-10PM (BST) | 3PM-5PM (EDT)
Friday: 6PM-8PM (BST) | 1PM-3PM (EDT)
Saturday: 3PM-5PM & 7PM-9PM (6PM-8PM on meeting days) (BST) | 10AM-12PM & 2PM-4PM (1PM-3PM on meeting days) (EDT)
Sunday: 3PM-5PM & 8PM-10PM (BST) | 10AM-12PM & 3PM - 5PM (EDT)

For anyone confused about the times listed above

and this handy little link
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/bst-to-est-converter

Note: In the weekends, you may expect 2 sweeps every day, meaning 4 in total!

Who will be in charge of the EU Cleansweep?
Our current EU OCS Crew consists of the following staff members: AlpakaWhacker , mfungamer , Axanite , Scott , JLioner and myself (Nephilim ). If you have any questions or concerns regarding the EU Cleansweep, or as mentioned above, if you have any ideas on how we could improve this event, then please make sure to ask or to let us know!

How will the Cleansweeps be run? What can we expect?

Throughout previous operations and seasons, we have improved a lot and we came up with a solid system to get rid of as many hackers as possible during the 2 hour sweeps. If you are a member of staff and you wish to participate, feel free to hop into the channel at any time when the event is going on. You guys will be kept up-to-date with any changes or updates on our Slack. If you are a member of the community, please follow the steps provided below:

1/ Poke a member of the OCS Crew in the dedicated channel on the teamspeak with a message asking to help out and if you could join. You can recognize them by the [OCS Crew] tag next to their name or by the hammer icon that represents the Cleansweep (
).

2/ Shortly after, you will be moved up into a meeting room to be made aware of the OCS Rules, by signing the following agreement:

By joining the EU Cleansweep, you agree that you will actively participate in catching hackers on the EU network, and that you will not be found breaking any of the Official MCGamer Rules which can be found at http://mcgamer.info. You must be able to record video yourself and we reserve the right to remove you from the channel or Teamspeak if you are found breaking any of these rules.

3/ After having provided us with your Minecraft username and, if applicable, your forums username, you will be moved down into the dedicated Cleansweep channel, ready to help out sweeping those hackers off of their flying carpets!

4/ If you are having trouble looking for hackers on the servers, then please do not hesitate to poke any member of staff in the channel asking to provide you the username of a player on our /reports list in-game. They will gladly give you a username and server ID so that you are able to check said player out, and gather sufficient evidence in case they would indeed be hacking.

5/ After you have successfully recorded and uploaded the evidence, please poke it to a member of the OCS Crew and we will make sure that they will be banned accordingly and that your username and efforts have been noted down, so that it can be taken into account again in the future..

* Are you not able to record? Please do not refrain from poking a member of Staff in the channel regarding a hacker you have just found in-game. We will not be able to move you in as you do need to be able to record video, however I can assure you that the player will be followed and dealt with if needed.

* Are you not able to get on our Teamspeak server? That's fine. You can still help out by recording and reporting hackers at http://report.mcgamer.info. These reports are a huge help to both the network and the staff team.

Your presence will be greatly appreciated and we sincerely hope that we will have a great start with many participants, and that this may last until the end of the new Spring season!

Some Frequently Asked Questions:

Question: Will the Cleansweep ever end?
Answer: The operation will continue as long as it is needed. If there is ever a point when the amount of hackers on EU is low, it may end, but it will start as soon as the hacker problem is present again.

Question: Do I have to talk?
Answer: No, you don't have to talk, but you can if you'd like.

Question: Do I have to record?
Answer: Yes, we are only allowing those who can record to join; however, if you want to help out, you can still message us people you suspect are hacking or directly poke us the evidence if you have any.

Question: Is there a US or AU Cleansweep?
Answer: There have been recent Cleansweeps for both the US/CA and AU region. However, we will not be mainly focusing on the EU region once more! Please check out the following threads for more information regarding the previous operations:
US/CA:
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/us-ca-operation-cleansweep.167666/
AU: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/au-operation-cleansweep.171954/

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you will join me and the rest of the staff in getting rid of these Hackers!

Original EU Cleansweep Thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/operation-clean-sweep.141890/

Last edited:

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd like to give a quick thank you to Nephilim for posting this thread as unfortunately I ran out of time before going away for the weekend to be able to write up and post this so once again, massive thank you to Nephilim for being able to do that at such short notice and a quick thanks to Scott also as well as anyone else that lent a hand to Neph :)

Now... Let's the Cleansweep Begin....

J

Jojo

I'm really happy to see the EU Cleansweeps returning and I'm looking forward to the great help of the community, once again! You guys don't even know how much we appreciate your help during the CleanSweeps!
Looking forward to see you there! :)

Let's clean EU together! ;)

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
EW CLENSWEP yayyyy :D
I'm looking forward to it <3 See you guys tomorrow hopefullly :)

btw: Posted yesterday? What? :O

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
EW CLENSWEP yayyyy :D
I'm looking forward to it <3 See you guys tomorrow hopefullly :)

btw: Posted yesterday? What? :O
Glad to see you're happy. ;)

And the thread was ready for some time, we just had to wait for some confirmations in order to move it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci