• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'

Reaction score
Some days ago I posted a thread about some problems I had with minecraft.
I did some reading through the crash logs every time I crashed and this is what I always saw the moment I crashed:

[18:14:01] [Thread-7/ERROR]: Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'
[18:14:01] [Thread-7/ERROR]: Ogg header not recognized in method 'readHeader'.
[18:14:01] [Thread-7/ERROR]: Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'
[18:14:01] [Thread-7/ERROR]: Error reading the header

I didn't post it in the Bug Reports section as I didn't know if it's a MCSG bug or just Minecraft. If it is caused from Minecraft itself, what is the reason and how can I solve it if possible?

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
I would suggest saving all your texture packs and server IPs, and then re installing minecraft. If that does not work and you get the same crash issue I would email the Mojang support team who, surprisingly responds within 1-2 days so you can fix it quickly.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
ogg files are sounds. Some sounds are renamed to what they are not supposed to be, or the resource folder is corrupt. Some sounds might not even have the .ogg file extension. I'd suggest you probably do what Aidan said.

In the meanwhile, can you provide screenshots of the resource folder in your .minecraft?

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
ogg files are sounds. Some sounds are renamed to what they are not supposed to be, or the resource folder is corrupt. Some sounds might not even have the .ogg file extension. I'd suggest you probably do what Aidan said.

In the meanwhile, can you provide screenshots of the resource folder in your .minecraft?
ur hot

Reaction score
Delete the sound pack in yout current resource pack, or use a different pack. That may help.

Edit: You aren't the first. I literally just googled 'CodecJOrbis' and got tons of people with the same problem. Exhibit A: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/archive/legacy-support/1752526-codecjorbis-causing-crashes

Google is always your friend.
Yeah I did Google this but I only found people that didn't have this caused in the same way I did or in older dates, so I didn't think it was going to have the same solution.

I would suggest saving all your texture packs and server IPs, and then re installing minecraft. If that does not work and you get the same crash issue I would email the Mojang support team who, surprisingly responds within 1-2 days so you can fix it quickly.
It may be because I only have 1.7 texture packs. I played 2 games without a texture pack and 1 game went ok (no bugs, crashes), but the other one crashed. Not sure why or I did something by myself, will check it tomorrow

Thanks everyone for the replies and help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci