• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Dropped items at Corn!

Zoroark173

Tribute
Reaction score
In the Hunger Games series (and movies), along with packs of items, there are a few items just lying around here and there, so an idea that I propose would be (along with chests) there are a few, randomly spawned items dropped at the corn. To balance it out, they probably wouldn't be things like swords/bows/fishing rods, but more like food, arrows, and the occasional leather boots or wood axe. I think that this would be more realistic, as it gives off the whole "Get in, get out as fast as possible) feel that was extremely relevant in the books!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Interesting, but a bit too easy to get. Other servers do this too and MCSG doesn't normally do the gimmick type things that other servers use.

Zoroark173

Tribute
Reaction score
I didn't think that other servers did this ._.
And also, because it's easy to get, I was thinking that it would probably be things like food, arrows, and RARELY a wooden axe or leather shoes. Also, the occasional uncommon gold ingot ;)

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I actually quite like this idea. Although to balance it out perhaps have no chests out side corn. I'm only joking...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This seems like an idea worth considering. Again, a unique suggestion (at least on these forums :p) :)

Maybe make it so they can only spawn in corn (you said they would spawn in corn, but you didn't say they wouldn't spawn anywhere else, so just making sure :p). And only 1 item for each chest there is in the cornucopia. I'm not saying 1 item inside the chests, but 1 item that spawns outside of the chest for each chest there is. And I'm thinking they should only be there at the beginning of the game too.
The items that spawn could be any T2 foods, T1 armours, and Gold Ingots/maybe Iron Ingots.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I didn't think that other servers did this ._.
And also, because it's easy to get, I was thinking that it would probably be things like food, arrows, and RARELY a wooden axe or leather shoes. Also, the occasional uncommon gold ingot ;)
I've seen something like that on a few servers. But your drop ideas are much less OP and I like it.

Zoroark173

Tribute
Reaction score
This seems like an idea worth considering. Again, a unique suggestion (at least on these forums :p) :)

Maybe make it so they can only spawn in corn (you said they would spawn in corn, but you didn't say they wouldn't spawn anywhere else, so just making sure :p). And only 1 item for each chest there is in the cornucopia. I'm not saying 1 item inside the chests, but 1 item that spawns outside of the chest for each chest there is. And I'm thinking they should only be there at the beginning of the game too.
The items that spawn could be any T2 foods, T1 armours, and Gold Ingots/maybe Iron Ingots.
I think that mainly T2 Food, T1 Armor, and Iron Ingots would be a bit too OP, which is why I say that the items would be more like this:
5%- 1 Iron Ingot OR leather pants
10%-leather helmet
15%-wooden axe
20%-fishing rod
25%-gold ingot
30%-cooked fish
40%-raw beef
50%-arrows
60%-raw chicken
70%-flint and feathers
75%-raw fish

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that mainly T2 Food, T1 Armor, and Iron Ingots would be a bit too OP, which is why I say that the items would be more like this:
5%- 1 Iron Ingot OR leather pants
10%-leather helmet
15%-wooden axe
20%-fishing rod
25%-gold ingot
30%-cooked fish
40%-raw beef
50%-arrows
60%-raw chicken
70%-flint and feathers
75%-raw fish
I think flint should be about 5% because they are used for arrows and flint and steel. And feathers should be 15% because they are also used for arrows. And sticks should be a 50% chance. Arrows should be 5% because they are a very useful and deadly item if you can use it well.

Zoroark173

Tribute
Reaction score
I think flint should be about 5% because they are used for arrows and flint and steel. And feathers should be 15% because they are also used for arrows. And sticks should be a 50% chance. Arrows should be 5% because they are a very useful and deadly item if you can use it well.
The thing about arrows though, is that if you can't find a bow, them they are pretty much useless :p but they are fairly good, but both them and flint are deceptively useless, as most good players will realize their potential, but your average, day-to-day Joe will say, "hmm, the flint on the ground to my left, or the chest on my right..."

thepalgamer

Survivor
Reaction score
I like this idea. I REALLY like this idea. I REALLY LIK-you get the picture

Joking aside, though, the server should at least try this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci