• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donation rank update idea.

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
R

roguehh

Yes this is somewhat true, but flying does not in any way give you an advantage in the ACTUAL GAME of MCSG. Sure you can explore more of the lobby, but you can't do anything ingame to help you win or do any better than if you were a non-donor.
That's why I said it doesn't change the competitive gameplay. But it is still a gameplay feature. The term 'gameplay' isn't limited to just the competitive aspect of it.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's why I said it doesn't change the competitive gameplay. But it is still a gameplay feature. The term gameplay isn't limited to just the competitive aspect of it.
Mojang is limiting the competitive aspect of this however. They are eliminating overpriced "Pay to win" things. Flying is not a feature that does anything extra for you honestly. I have platinum donor myself and it's just something fun to do while messing around with friends. The only benefit I found from it is that it makes getting to the staff castle easier in the hub... Which really doesn't matter haha

R

roguehh

Mojang is limiting the competitive aspect of this however. They are eliminating overpriced "Pay to win" things. Flying is not a feature that does anything extra for you honestly. I have platinum donor myself and it's just something fun to do while messing around with friends. The only benefit I found from it is that it makes getting to the staff castle easier in the hub... Which really doesn't matter haha
That's not entirely correct. They say: "You are not allowed to restrict gameplay features in an attempt to make money." Having fly is a perk, would definitely fall under this category. What you are talking about are in-game items. And that is true. They will allow servers to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay.

So there's a difference between items and gameplay features. Items that are giving players an advantage in-game are not allowed. And therefore, cosmetic items are. But restricting gameplay features for non-paying users isn't allowed under any circumstances.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
This thread has gone way off of the original topic..

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's not entirely correct. They say: "You are not allowed to restrict gameplay features in an attempt to make money." Having fly is a perk, would definitely fall under this category. What you are talking about are in-game items. And that is true. They will allow servers to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay.

So there's a difference between items and gameplay features. Items that are giving players an advantage in-game are not allowed. And therefore, cosmetic items are. But restricting gameplay features for non-paying users isn't allowed under any circumstances.
I'm sorry to cause more flame but you've literally just proved your point back to me. Flying does not help you ingame. Being in the hub or lobby does not count for anything in a competitive manner which I stated before as what mojang was worried about. MCSG made a smart move with all the extra platinum perks. $100 is a lot of money, so players who pay it should get something that is fun but gives no true purpose or ingame value.

By the way, platinum donors can't fly in-game.

R

roguehh

I'm sorry to cause more flame but you've literally just proved your point back to me. Flying does not help you ingame. Being in the hub or lobby does not count for anything in a competitive manner which I stated before as what mojang was worried about. MCSG made a smart move with all the extra platinum perks. $100 is a lot of money, so players who pay it should get something that is fun but gives no true purpose or ingame value.

By the way, platinum donors can't fly in-game.
I don't see any flame going on between us. Let's just agree to disagree.

Back on topic. I don't think new ranks are needed to comply with Mojang's EULA, but changes should definitely be made. KRaidium has already posted about this.

Reaction score
As a donor I could not give 2 poops about loosing points since the amount of kills per round I get the monthly point increase is pointless...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci