• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does the Length of a Post Make You More Interested in the Post?

Are you more interested if the thread is long or short?

• Total voters

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When it comes to me producing long posts, I usually am considered a slow typer, and a very slow thinker. It usually takes me time when I produce my opinion or information, sometimes, it can potentially take me up to a whole day finishing a certain posts, ensuring that I have clearly explained myself, and put the information necessary to provide the correct detail necessary to let others understand it. However, the length of a post does not entirely depend on the amount of interest in the post.

Coming from my perspective, I would believe that sometimes, I would portray some sort of interest within a thread through the length of my post, this is because of the amount of information, and how much I wish to bring depth towards my reasons when writing my posts. I also wish to make my posts as clearly stated as possible.
But my reason towards saying that the length of a post does not determine the amount of interest to the writer in the subject, is because of the actual opinion of the individual.
As previously mentioned before, people like DPinky or RC_4777 would prefer making their posts straight to the point, thus providing the information necessary, or simply explaining their opinion in a more simple matter. Yet again, people like Mooclan and BitoBain would prefer making detailed posts that explain their opinions and provide information more clearly, so it would be more understandable.

When saying that when someone makes a lengthy post automatically makes them interested in the subject, is like saying someone likes something or someone else, in the end, it should entirely depend on the writer whether they are interested in the subject or not.
I enjoy reading posts or threads with a lot of controversy, and sometimes a lot of detail. But I usually enjoy reading people's opinions on a certain matter in general, because it lets me know what others would believe in, or what they think, which could potentially let me express my opinion as well.
I choose to make long and detailed posts, because it lets me clearly explain myself, and lets me express my beliefs, thoughts, and opinions towards a certain matter. I also enjoy providing any additional, and factual information to the community, because it could probably teach all of us something new.
;D

Waffles

District 13
Reaction score
When it comes to me producing long posts, I usually am considered a slow typer, and a very slow thinker. It usually takes me time when I produce my opinion or information, sometimes, it can potentially take me up to a whole day finishing a certain posts, ensuring that I have clearly explained myself, and put the information necessary to provide the correct detail necessary to let others understand it. However, the length of a post does not entirely depend on the amount of interest in the post.

Coming from my perspective, I would believe that sometimes, I would portray some sort of interest within a thread through the length of my post, this is because of the amount of information, and how much I wish to bring depth towards my reasons when writing my posts. I also wish to make my posts as clearly stated as possible.
But my reason towards saying that the length of a post does not determine the amount of interest to the writer in the subject, is because of the actual opinion of the individual.
As previously mentioned before, people like DPinky or RC_4777 would prefer making their posts straight to the point, thus providing the information necessary, or simply explaining their opinion in a more simple matter. Yet again, people like Mooclan and BitoBain would prefer making detailed posts that explain their opinions and provide information more clearly, so it would be more understandable.

When saying that when someone makes a lengthy post automatically makes them interested in the subject, is like saying someone likes something or someone else, in the end, it should entirely depend on the writer whether they are interested in the subject or not.
I enjoy reading posts or threads with a lot of controversy, and sometimes a lot of detail. But I usually enjoy reading people's opinions on a certain matter in general, because it lets me know what others would believe in, or what they think, which could potentially let me express my opinion as well.
I choose to make long and detailed posts, because it lets me clearly explain myself, and lets me express my beliefs, thoughts, and opinions towards a certain matter. I also enjoy providing any additional, and factual information to the community, because it could probably teach all of us something new.
;D
i didn't read it :p
dnt hrt mi pls

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Seems like this topic has very mixed opinions. Glad to hear each one of them as well ^_^

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Seems like this topic has very mixed opinions. Glad to hear each one of them as well ^_^
c: Many discussions will lean towards one side or another, but on this topic, there is no "better" or "correct" side. It's all personal opinion and preference, and so no one is wrong. This is a wonderful example of a positive discussion.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i didn't read it :p
dnt hrt mi pls
You don't have to read someone's post all the time. It is simply someone stating their opinion, if it is too long, then there is no harm towards not reading it. c:

Waffles

District 13
Reaction score
You don't have to read someone's post all the time. It is simply someone stating their opinion, if it is too long, then there is no harm towards not reading it. c:
Then I hope you or Mooclan don't hate me. Whenever I see a massive post I know it's either one of you to and I just can't be bothered reading it :p

OldManDippy

Career
Reaction score
It all depends on how interesting the thread is. If it is then yes, my eyes will lean more towards the large posts made by this community but that doesn't mean all of those large posts are going to be good nor does that mean I won't read the other short posts.In my opinion the larger posts have a higher chance of being interesting just because of the soul fact that someone took their time to reply to a thread and put a lot of effort into it.But then again I really don't care. As long as in the thread/post the user expressed themselves then that's all I need :B

Last edited:

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
In terms of reader interest, size does not matter.
In terms of readers actually reading what you wrote, shorter is better.

A good post should be thoughtful, engaging, and entertaining.
The best posts are all those, and brief.

OrangesAndLemons95

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, just because a post is long, does not mean it is good.

I know that most people will skip over a HUGE post, and say it's good even though they have not even read it. Just because it is long, does not mean it's good, and I feel like sometimes people lie that they read the whole thing.

For me, I enjoy reading posts that get straight to the point, so I don't have to spend hours reading the whole thing.
If I see a long post, I expect it to have at least acceptable grammar
It all depends on how interesting the thread is. If it is then yes, my eyes will lean more towards the large posts made by this community but that doesn't mean all of those large posts are going to be good nor does that mean I won't read the other short posts.In my opinion the larger posts have a higher chance of being interesting just because of the soul fact that someone took their time to reply to a thread and put a lot of effort into it.But then again I really don't care. As long as in the thread/post the user expressed themselves then that's all I need :B
ur all rong.best psts r 1s tht r lngst

wtch mi.

The melon jumped five over big moons that have whales in the stomach of the number 6 which illuminati likes because the pope liked to eat bananas that have brown and purple in them and when the fences hit them they always fire truck to the police and shout them that 1 mouse is 2 mouses that have 4 cats in 1 house that dont necessarily hate dolphins that take their business of the lawyers that can fight accountants that powerpoint presentations about 7 dwarves with cinderella and when we decided to help the shelves with their loosing tents and swimming in the pool is considered activity as we make showers that cant be traced to the 12th brother of staying at home which is married to their bed that stays dark in the light weirdly enough is habit for all 50pence pieced and is now prosecuted for welsh assault when in a snow-ball fight got hit in the 3 feet that desk made strange picnics in the US and EU and maybe CA but thats not for sure as they make mouse patches that box kangaroos but this is 3rd to that but james decided to sit down when he saw the economical badness of cars and trucks that forfeit matches.

c, prtty lng pst, amzing grmer and mkes totel snse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci