• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does the Length of a Post Make You More Interested in the Post?

Are you more interested if the thread is long or short?

• Total voters

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
This was simply a thing I was wondering. When you guys look at posts on the forums,do you become more interested if it is longer? please feel free to voice your opinion in the comments of this thread :D I will cry as I watch this thread die ;-;

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No.

Edit: I have a much greater interest in post that can get its point across in one paragraph. Some people write way too much, and it's just not needed. When I see a long post I 1/5 times don't read it. Unless the thread topic is something worth a large debate.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It is not length that grabs my interest, it is quality and the thought and effort put into the post. You don't have to write a paragraph for your post to be considered good (*coughcough* Mooclan Miner9823 loljk ;))

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly I don't read long threads, this is due too following reasons.
  • Can't be bothered
  • Don't have time
  • What they write can be put into something short and sweet in like 1-2 paragraphs
I like quick, straight to the point posts that get you thinking your own opinion ;).

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, just because a post is long, does not mean it is good.

I know that most people will skip over a HUGE post, and say it's good even though they have not even read it. Just because it is long, does not mean it's good, and I feel like sometimes people lie that they read the whole thing.

For me, I enjoy reading posts that get straight to the point, so I don't have to spend hours reading the whole thing.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I personally don't think length of a thread means it is a good thread. In fact, if a thread is huge and it looks like it is disorganized or filled with erroneous grammar, I tend to skip over it. If a thread is long, and looks like a good read, I will definitely take the time to read it. My personal preference is medium sized threads, though.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
When I write something, I like to be as detailed as necessary to fully convey my message, and that often turns it into a 750 word essay. I'll just be typing and writing down my thoughts, and then I look at the screen, and I have four paragraphs.

If I see a long post, I expect it to have at least acceptable grammar and a clear reason for it's existence. It can't be messy, disorganized, and difficult to read. I can read the first paragraph or two of the post and skim over the rest of it, then deem whether or not I feel like reading it.

Here's a guideline that I have found myself to unconsciously follow often:
If it is a long post by someone that I know can make a good post, then I'll read it. If I'm not sure, then I'll preview it before diving into the post.

An example of a good post that isn't long is those that belong to DPinky and RC_4777.
I've found DPinky's posts to carry short but powerful messages sometimes. He doesn't usually write much, and I've noticed that his sentences don't always make sense, but when he posts on a serious topic, he often has a great deal of insight.

However, there are also people such as BitoBain and Miner9823 who share so much information and put so much detail that it simply requires a 3-page post in order to fit everything and also maintain their desired format.

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There is a saying, ''Good things come in small packages'' and I think that quote perfectly answers your question.

Sure, sometimes there might be someone who writes a really long paragraph, but it's the quality and detail that goes into the post that makes it interesting for people to read. Just like Mooclan said, forumers like Miner9823 always have great inputs on subjects and so they write long insightful paragraphs, while some people Dpinky write minimal amounts but still very informative.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Unless the topic is something I already know I'm interested in, no. Walls of text don't really entice me to read them. I'm more likely to read something that seems brief and concise than something really long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci