• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Depression hurts.. (Read story) Depression awareness

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
I go on the internet to try and avoid everything bad included in the real world, which includes depression. I didn't want to click on this link, but I guess I did anyways.

For some reason, for the past year especially, something happened to have this global epidemic of depression and self harm :c

I hope your friends don't decide to do anything stupid, and that they eventually become happy again.
Yeah I've talked to her, she should be fine now but I keep talking to her everyday

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not taking or trying to take away the importance of your friend's message, because obviously it a very serious issue, but it seems to me that in this day and age 80% of the population is "depressed" and I am beginning to feel as if they don't really understand what depression is. Instead of saying "I am sad" they say "I am depressed" and to me it just seems a tad bit ridiculous. Either many people are mistaken about believing the two words and interchangeable or it is because with the introduction of phones and social media those people have a form of communicating their feelings, and more people have a form of communicating their feelings. Maybe I am the one that is mistaken but I'm just stating what the situation seems to be to me.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Well, for starters, it is good your friend can at least put what she feels somewhere, comunicate it...
Beleive me, pretending to be happy all the time, that everything's fine and then suffering in silence and alone is much harder and painful, I know theres people who do that... the fact that she is able to comunicate it and talk it out is good for her! Try to keep her that way and hopefully she'll be able to at least fight it out and maybe some day get past it.

I'm not taking or trying to take away the importance of your friend's message, because obviously it a very serious issue, but it seems to me that in this day and age 80% of the population is "depressed" and I am beginning to feel as if they don't really understand what depression is. Instead of saying "I am sad" they say "I am depressed" and to me it just seems a tad bit ridiculous. Either many people are mistaken about believing the two words and interchangeable or it is because with the introduction of phones and social media those people have a form of communicating their feelings, and more people have a form of communicating their feelings. Maybe I am the one that is mistaken but I'm just stating what the situation seems to be to me.
I think I get what you mean.. people nowadays seem to confuse those two concepts and place them as synonims when they are not... Everybody gets sad, its something that just happens for one reason or another, and then just ends. Depression on the other hand is a much complex thing... the main difference people dont seem to get between these two is that, sadness is a feeling... while depression is more of a "condition" a person can be at for a certain period of time. Depression includes sadness, and I think that from where people get the concepts mixed up.

Theres a lot more to mention when it comes to this topic but of course it would get too long so Ill end it up here.

Last edited:

catman231

Platinum
Reaction score
I know where you are coming from but depression is real and its a major problem for our generation that has grown up in a world with social media, internet and virtual reality or gaming. Because there is a so called standard for how we act now everyone tries to hide their emotions as we've seen countless times that mainly those who go against the social standard or show more emotion are those who suffer from bullying. For many it may seem odd how someone doesn't show up at school from time to time or is mainly quiet but reactive to many small things, but they are simply some symptoms that we should look out for when trying to help. I believe there is a number of people who are simply sad or attention seeking, but am afraid to say that the majority simply are in a huge deal of pain and are struggling to cope mentally. It a cruel world we live in but no other generation but us seem to really notice the full extent of suffering involved!

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I go on the internet to try and avoid everything bad included in the real world, which includes depression. I didn't want to click on this link, but I guess I did anyways.

For some reason, for the past year especially, something happened to have this global epidemic of depression and self harm :c

I hope your friends don't decide to do anything stupid, and that they eventually become happy again.
Wellp you and I have more in common than I thought. If I can't play Minecraft as my escape, I use the forums on my phone. Life sucks out there. I should know. :s

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes I agree, but what I found on my server kinda seemed like stuff was serious... But yeah half the time on social media websites aka Facebook and crap people do over exaggerate..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci