• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Demon's Breeze: Revamp or Remove.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So recently I have been playing Demon's Breeze because donators control the voting system, and I had some problems.

First, the framerate is horrendous, and I'm using a 2014 laptop that can run Minecraft at 60fps on normal maps. But on this one, there's nothing but lag. Even on the lowest settings, the spawn on the map gives me about 2 frames per second, and in deathmatch lighting, the game is completely unplayable.

Secondly, there's very little PvP action. Most players are just going to be hit off the bridge, so fights have practically no skill involved. Every weapon in the map is practically broken. Sword? Forget it, just punch them into lava! Rod? Well now you've killed another by doing nothing but right-clicking. Bow? Same thing. FnS? Heheheh, well good luck finding water when you're stuck at 1 frame per second.

Third, there's just not much fun to be had. The bridges have holes that do nothing but tick players off, there's too much lava, and not nearly enough structures. Even the spawn is basic and boring, and the lag makes it impossible to be good for any player with a mediocre PC.

Remove it or revamp it.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
fix: switch lava with netherrack terrain, retier map so chests spawn on ground

new pvp experience, but still knock-offs are available like the old map

Tam F

Spectator
Reaction score
I get my most fps on that map it is smooth for me, second probably revamp it that is all tru e the holes, rod, hit people into lava. I completely agree with a revamp it would be great adding more structures, water, etc.. nice thread

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
So recently I have been playing Demon's Breeze because donators control the voting system, and I had some problems.

First, the framerate is horrendous, and I'm using a 2014 laptop that can run Minecraft at 60fps on normal maps. But on this one, there's nothing but lag. Even on the lowest settings, the spawn on the map gives me about 2 frames per second, and in deathmatch lighting, the game is completely unplayable.

Secondly, there's very little PvP action. Most players are just going to be hit off the bridge, so fights have practically no skill involved. Every weapon in the map is practically broken. Sword? Forget it, just punch them into lava! Rod? Well now you've killed another by doing nothing but right-clicking. Bow? Same thing. FnS? Heheheh, well good luck finding water when you're stuck at 1 frame per second.

Third, there's just not much fun to be had. The bridges have holes that do nothing but tick players off, there's too much lava, and not nearly enough structures. Even the spawn is basic and boring, and the lag makes it impossible to be good for any player with a mediocre PC.

Remove it or revamp it.
I hear ya, try animations off and sound off for that map, way too much lava...

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think StephanieMarie is in the works of revamping, if I'm not mistaken. :p

Yeah kinda am, but it's on a break, because 1. Currently don't have much time for just myself to work on it 2. Letting someone else use the sever I use for something else currently.

But I do agree it does need a revamp, what sucks now though, is that since the "update" back to 1.7, 1.8 blocks won't show, which I am not a fan of at all.

Edit: The only way I would probably let anyone else do it, 1. if I felt like they could do it with a few people, in a decent amount of time, 2. Their built style can handle Demons(it really isn't for everyone) 3. They do NOT want Map Maker for it, cause I personally think it should still be kept to the original creators. 4. If I knew that they know/knew Jstame well enough, and know what he was doing for Demons Breeze 2(Yes that was going to be a thing before he left)

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
If it's that popular, why does it need to be revamped/removed?

EErenOfficial

Experienced
Reaction score
I think It's getting older :/.Maybe a new lava map but I really get bored with Demon's Breeze.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci