• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Debunking the recent network instability, AS/CA hub news, and Catching Fire update

Reaction score
You're basically saying that, that 3.2% isn't allowed to play until optifine is release.

Because, lets be honest here, the only reason anyone would use 1.6.4 is because they get lower than 20 frames on vanilla mc and cannot play. I understand you want to please a larger number of people, but you have to realize how angry people will be when they can't play MCSG for another month. I know you guys have this set in stone, and there is nothing that anyone can do to stop you, as is most things with life. I do want you guys to consider this little blanket of information though. I want you to realize that there is a community that has to use optifine to play. In fact, I tried using 1.7 today and I froze. I'm basically being told now that if I want to play MCSG I have to play like that. I'm not the only one, I know a hefty amount of players that can't play without optifine.

I want to propose something to you. Can you run a petition on the forums here, and if it gets 150 votes to keep 1.6.4 support, consider it at least? It's a great way because you'll be hearing from the active community. I know people like to complain about MCSG not listening to the community and this is a great way to show them that you are c:
This is actually a great idea.

Most of the 1.7 users are not active, being that no one was happy when they saw this thread. Atleast give this a try. Thank you

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Many players are used to playing with 1.7.

Forairan, the problem is that if the MCSG servers were to be updated to 1.7 only, there will be a sound bug where you hit players and you can't hear the tick sound. This happens in the AS and CA servers because you can join that with 1.7 only.
That's because AS/CA are not on the "real" 1.7 yet. Once we update them to the "real" 1.7, this issue will disappear.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Im sure Forairan sees your point, but the US network is far bigger then the CA network, which is why, the CA network gets put under the US. The 3% of the people are a fraction of the population of MCG, naturally majority wins. oh and Im sure Forairan like your use of the semicolon.
I realize that US is much more prioritized than CA; that's why CA still has maps such as Freeze Island and the lobby crashing bug still hasn't been fixed. I'm just saying there's no point in a CA Hub without 1.6/1.7 support.

Playing on US this past month, I have barely noticed any of the mentioned issues. Maybe I get a java error every 50 games or so, but nothing so important that it significantly reduces my enjoyment with the server.

UsingThatBow

Spectator
Reaction score
Im sorry but this is the stupidest thing ive heard.
Well im sorry ): I am not a user of hacked clients, but to break it down for you 1.6 was an extremely strong build that has been out for months now and therefore this made it so easily readable by coders who could actually start to hack 1.6 server-side via clients. For example: Regen hacks...

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
This is actually a great idea.

Most of the 1.7 users are not active, being that no one was happy when they saw this thread. Atleast give this a try. Thank you
You do realize this completely screws over 1.6 users right ?
Well im sorry ): I am not a user of hacked clients, but to break it down for you 1.6 was an extremely strong build that has been out for months now and therefore this made it so easily readable by coders who could actually start to hack 1.6 server-side via clients. For example: Regen hacks...
Like when servers update from 1.6 to 1.7 so do hacked clients :/

iHaxors/Jess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nooooo!
Why ;-;
I like 1.6 and optifine
but 1.7 and optifine is better :3

Reaction score
You do realize this completely screws over 1.6 users right ?

Like when servers update from 1.6 to 1.7 so do hacked clients :/
How is that bad for 1.6 users? A vote is the last option. I am one of the 1.6 users who don't even have a computer. This is the last hope of 1.6.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure if I mentioned this in the post, but this is not a final decision yet. We're still actively looking into the issue, as the last thing we want to do is drop 1.6 support without a stable OptiFine.

Reaction score
Not sure if I mentioned this in the post, but this is not a final decision yet. We're still actively looking into the issue, as the last thing we want to do is drop 1.6 support without a stable OptiFine.
YES! I still have a chance at playing mcsg!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci