• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

CS:GO is the COD killer?

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
So, i'm sure everyone knows what these two games i mentioned in the title are. Just in case you don't,

CS:GO = Counter Strike: Global Offensive a PC Game made by valve, and COD = Call Of Duty, a multi platform game made by Treyarc, Ubisoft, InfinityWard and hammer something haa.

CSGO has recently become a very popular shooter, people such as myself are attracted to it for its very skill based strategy and tactics needed to improve. COD the old popular shooter has gone down hill. I'm going to explain what happened to COD, what will happen to COD, and what will happen to CSGO.

What Happened to COD?

COD was a great game. Very popular, very casual, very fun. Top shooter among Halo, Gears of War and CS. It went downhill after Black ops. You can tell because of how people began to react to the game during MW3. The striker, bad maps, toxic community, more children playing. It began to get worse. Then COD BO2 was introduced, and everyone thought it was the savior of the series. Picking up the slack from MW3, and saving the franchise. But that was not the case. Call Of Duty Ghosts was released. As a former near MLG player (was to young to fly and participate at lans) i can say Ghosts was so terrible that i played it for 2 days and never touched it again. It was a terrible game. But developers of the franchise realized they could copy and paste code and put in changed here and there and people would continue to buy the game. And for a quick source of how ghosts was such a terrible game by a lot of people, look at prices for ghost and compare them to B02. B02 has been out for 3 years and maintained a 60$ retail price, where ghost was 39$ 6 months after launch. This was around the time CSGO was becoming popular. Because the developers failed to realease a decent Call Of Duty, players look for alternatives with CSGO being one of them. Because they failed, they made their enemies become popular. Let that be a lesson to any future devs. If you have something good, maintain the mindset that it wont last if you dont make it. Put all your effort into it, copy and pasting code every year tires players, and eventually they snap. Like so.

What will happen to COD?

Call Of Duty's franchise depends on Black Ops 3, their new game coming out in about 4 months. If it fails like ghosts, or doesn't beat Advanced Warfare, a number of players will snap and go to CSGO causing it to rise over Call Of Duty and force it to fix their games. But it will be to late once they realize their games are to broken for their customers liking, as all the royal customers will have left for Halo or CSGO.

What will happen to CSGO?

No matter what happens, CSGO will always be very popular, and will not lose a fanbase. Valve was set up thanks to call of duty, and it's impossible for them to lose that grip unless they create a Counter Strike Zero Condition again. Valve generates so much revenue sully off of skins and market purchases its insane, they make even more from the streamers to buy 100 keys and cases each day, imagine that, getting 5k each day from 11 people, while the rest of the world multiplies it by SO much. Valve gets so much income from skins, keys, and purchases of the game, they have no reason not to maintain the game, they want their customers to stay so they keep it. Because COD failed, CSGO has risen, and it will continue to rise, because the game is built for gamers, using community skins, community suggestions, community bug reports, they listen. Where as the developers from the COD franchise don't, and haven't and need to if they don't want to lose their title in 4 months.

Jorrdan

Survivor
Reaction score
League all the way! Jks jks. Nah I play both tbh COD im average skill at. And I'm MG In CSGO.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I seen yesterday that even 'pro' COD players are now trying out CSGO with Nadeshot (horribly) applying for the OPTiC CSGO team.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The CS community doesn't like the COD community's move because they think they'll bring their own annoying trends or culture with them; ie, trickshotting. The in-game behaviour is also frowned upon, however CS is just as bad as COD in that area, just in different ways.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I bought CS:GO a week or so ago and I already got bored of it. Ah well :/

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
I bought CS:GO a week or so ago and I already got bored of it. Ah well :/
If you can't play a repetitive game you will get bored of it

I seen yesterday that even 'pro' COD players are now trying out CSGO with Nadeshot (horribly) applying for the OPTiC CSGO team.
Nadeshot is not actually that bad, he wasn't playing to well in the stream with Josh, but hes a pretty good player.

Boxy

Tribute
Reaction score
Black ops was bomb, loved playing league play all the time, but then ghost & AW came out & it went downhill. Now CS:GO owns cod. (In my opinion.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci