• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crafting Table can be easily abused. Please read.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, I agree adding a crafting table is definitely an interesting concept however it needs to be reworked.

It can easily be abused having a place able block
You can use it to trap people inside houses
Climb up 2 blocked high objects (effectively block glitching)
Get into places you aren't meant to be
And many other ways.

A fix for this would be to have the table disappear after a few seconds or simply having the table just open up a GUI so you're able to craft without having to put a table down.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
But trapping people is fun! D:
You can trap people with cakes, but you can at least destroy cakes after running around enough and eating them.
Having a place able block is a bad idea as people will find even worse ways of abusing it.

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
Maybe it could just show the interface when placed and not the actual block (opens instantly)

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
Or make it so that anyone can break and take the crafting bench for themselves.

Builda_Br3tt

Platinum
Reaction score
Or make it so that anyone can break and take the crafting bench for themselves.
I thought of that already.. But then people would just steal the Table at Spawn.. xD

Well I would anyways >:3

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe it could just show the interface when placed and not the actual block (opens instantly)
That's what I'm working on in (hopefully) tonight's update, and also possibly making it a one-use crafting table (as in, you can only craft 1 item, then it disappears from your inventory and the interface closes).

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
That's what I'm working on in (hopefully) tonight's update, and also possibly making it a one-use crafting table (as in, you can only craft 1 item, then it disappears from your inventory and the interface closes).
Couldn't you make it a few uses?

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Couldn't you make it a few uses?
1 use sounds good, that way it won't be abused.
Crafting should be a challenge not something as easy as 1 click. So 1 time use would be fair

coolguy1264

Tribute
Reaction score
omg I never thought of this happening, but it's so true people would abuse it so much. It would also make me rage so hard when people trap me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci