• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Concern for the ending of MCSG

TheBanHammer

Tribute
Reaction score
MCSG has been a great server for 3 years now, and I now am growing a genuine concern for MCSG and it's downfall. Survival Games in general is dying.

Now, donor isn't necessary, as it used to be. Any one person can join a game without trouble. This means donator is not necessary on MCSG anymore, and could result in decrease of funding. (I don't know if I'm right or not, these are just guesses on what will happen.)

Hackers are becoming worse and worse. Same with teamers and boosters. I admit, I've teamed. Everyone has, you can't play solo for your whole life. I team for fun, and goof around, and the fact that I have no alt, I have to try to have fun, and maintain good stats so I could get into a clan at the same time. Oh hackers. I have around 3 videos of hackers that I will upload tonight, and submit them tomorrow morning. In a span of a day recording them. Oh well.

What do you think about this? Any opinions? Note that this may be completely stupid and I may be just mindlessly rambling, but I'd still like to know your opinions!

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Survival Games is not "dying". In case you have not noticed, there are more than 300o players on as of now, Over 1000 of those players are donators. Yes, we are aware that MCSG needs a "boost" but there is no "downfall". This is the second thread today that has made it sound like MCSG is coming to an end, Two words to you my friend: It's Not.
If you have anything else to add, Don't be shy to leave a reply! <-- Like the rhyme?

~Vanth
MCSG has been a great server for 3 years now, and I now am growing a genuine concern for MCSG and it's downfall. Survival Games in general is dying.

Now, donor isn't necessary, as it used to be. Any one person can join a game without trouble. This means donator is not necessary on MCSG anymore, and could result in decrease of funding. (I don't know if I'm right or not, these are just guesses on what will happen.)

Hackers are becoming worse and worse. Same with teamers and boosters. I admit, I've teamed. Everyone has, you can't play solo for your whole life. I team for fun, and goof around, and the fact that I have no alt, I have to try to have fun, and maintain good stats so I could get into a clan at the same time. Oh hackers. I have around 3 videos of hackers that I will upload tonight, and submit them tomorrow morning. In a span of a day recording them. Oh well.

What do you think about this? Any opinions? Note that this may be completely stupid and I may be just mindlessly rambling, but I'd still like to know your opinions!

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
it's not really ending, the community is just slowly becoming smaller and smaller, and worse and worse

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Let's not wish away our creation please.

~Vanth
I hope it declines to the point where it can't fund the whole hub. That way it can go back to its old servers, and we can be hit by a nostalgia trip.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
I hope it declines to the point where it can't fund the whole hub. That way it can go back to its old servers, and we can be hit by a nostalgia trip.
I don't know whether to assume this as bad or good o_O
Anyhow, our player base is rising on the contrary to what you said.

As of this post, we have

3,374,643 players and counting.

Of this "3,374,643",
2,409 new players in the past 24 hours.
52,127 players have played 14,636 games over the past 24 hours.
3,015 players currently on 678 servers across the MCGamer Network.

Enjoy <3

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know whether to assume this as bad or good o_O
Anyhow, our player base is rising on the contrary to what you said.

As of this post, we have

3,374,643 players and counting.

Of this "3,374,643",
2,409 new players in the past 24 hours.
52,127 players have played 14,636 games over the past 24 hours.

3,015 players currently on 678 servers across the MCGamer Network.

Enjoy <3
I never said it was declining. I just said I want it to.

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
You say that donor is not necessary, however it has never been 'necessary' under any circumstance. Personally me being a platinum donator, I felt like through donating I was giving something back to MCGamer for providing us with this service that several thousands of people play on a daily basis. Not just for the perks of the donator rank. But be it as you may.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
This is a minecraft-wide problem. This game is slowly fazing out and people are spreading to other games. It's not much of a problem, just a natural cycle. Minecraft has been around for 4-5 years, and most games don't last that long. We, as a community, are large, which means we will be one of the last minecraft servers left when everyone is gone. We are in no trouble at all.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
4non 's outlook on the "decline" of Minecraft and SG is a pretty good one.

Basically Minecraft had such an impact on gaming that it will never fully die out, like SG, it will never fully die out.

Minecraft's lasted for pretty long, 4-5 years, I am personally surprised at how well it's doing (considering it's devs are less caring about the game itself, but that's a thread for another time).

Again, we can't wish for the old days to return, we've lived it, and now it's time to move on, Time flows on, and we shouldn't need to look back. Look forward!

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Well put :D

~Vanth
4non 's outlook on the "decline" of Minecraft and SG is a pretty good one.

Basically Minecraft had such an impact on gaming that it will never fully die out, like SG, it will never fully die out.

Minecraft's lasted for pretty long, 4-5 years, I am personally surprised at how well it's doing (considering it's devs are less caring about the game itself, but that's a thread for another time).

Again, we can't wish for the old days to return, we've lived it, and now it's time to move on, Time flows on, and we shouldn't need to look back. Look forward!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci