• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer Problems.

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
So, my computer. It hasn't been working properly for the last 3-4 weeks and it's something to do with the internet. It says on my computer that the connection is fine, Skype works fine but everything else does not work, when I go on Google Chrome it says "ERR-CONNECTION TIMED OUT" and I don't know what to do. You guys are my last hope because I have tried the local computer shop, paid $80 for them to fix it and they did nothing.
HELP!

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
Your router must not have any electronical devices, really close to it and reset your router. Turn it off, wait 60 seconds and the it back on, try these :)

Reaction score
Yeah just press the restart button. It relocates and everything, or whatever it's called in English xD

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Sounds like something's wrong with your DNS configuration since Skype works independently of DNS configuration in Windows. I've had this problem before, it's pretty simple to fix.

First, go to Network and Sharing Center, either through control panel or through the taskbar. Then, on the right, go to Change adapter settings. Right click on your connection, whether it be through Ethernet, WiFi or another medium, then go to Properties. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and press Properties.

Now, if Use the following DNS server addresses is selected, select Obtain DNS server address automatically.

If Obtain DNS server address automatically was already selected, select Use the following DNS server addresses and use the following addresses:

These are Google's public DNS server addresses, but you can use any that you find. Hope this solved your problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci