• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer Parts

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
So, recently I was thinking about getting a new PC because the one I have currently is acting up a ton. Basically, anyone have any recommended parts to get to build another one? ($1,000-$2,000)

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
You should wait til August/September so you can get the new Intel Skylake processors. :p

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
Sorry, but i believe that this thread would be more appropriately placed in the "off topic" section under the misc section on the forums.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Moved to Computer and tech support.
I'll edit this post with some suggestions later.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
To start this off, I'm not claiming to be the most techie guy in the world, but I know a thing or two about parts. Basically, for 1,000-2,000 dollars, you can run any game you want. In all honesty, spending over $1,000 is obnoxious. I'd keep your limit at $1,000. I'd check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/duncan33303/featured He knows every thing about pc's. He even made a video on how to build your computer when you get the parts. Just check his latest builds or "1k builds" because he'll get you you more bang for your buck. Even check out some other cheaper builds like $800/700 pc builds, because they'll run you all the games you'll need to play at good FPS.

Hope that helped :)

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
To start this off, I'm not claiming to be the most techie guy in the world, but I know a thing or two about parts. Basically, for 1,000-2,000 dollars, you can run any game you want. In all honesty, spending over $1,000 is obnoxious. I'd keep your limit at $1,000. I'd check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/duncan33303/featured He knows every thing about pc's. He even made a video on how to build your computer when you get the parts. Just check his latest builds or "1k builds" because he'll get you you more bang for your buck. Even check out some other cheaper builds like $800/700 pc builds, because they'll run you all the games you'll need to play at good FPS.

Hope that helped :)
I'll make sure to check him out :D. And I won't be just using the computer I get just for games
:c.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Didn't know about that but now I'm gonna wait xD.
Honestly, you don't need to. You won't notice a lot of difference in gaming or everyday applications. The GPU you choose will still be the bottleneck in regards to gaming, some people are still gaming on high-end rigs using 3-4 year old i7s. Anyway, most new generations only have a <10% performance increase. I've also heard that most of the improvements in Skylake are towards the integrated graphics.

Wait if you want, but I don't see a reason to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci