• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Computer help

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Why a laptop and not a pc?

For a budget of 1-1.5k US you could easily play on far
You can take laptop with you. Though gotta admit, you get better specs.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can understand why one might want a laptop instead. After selling my beastly laptop for my Desktop, I found myself needing a laptop again.
I haven't been paying much attention to laptops lately, but here are some guidelines you'd want to follow.

• No less than 8GB ram, if you're paying that much anything less is a rip off.
  • Make sure the ram is at least 1600MHz, though it's unlikely it'll be anything less.
  • Nothing less than a i5 processor. At the very least Ivy Bridge, better power saving.
  • Avoid anything that only has Integrated Graphics. Pretty much anything that doesn't list Nvidia or AMD graphics. It might seem fine at first, but you're going to have a bad time, puts more stress on processor and it'll get hot and loud.
All these thing you can find listed in the specs for the computer.
This is the one my friend bought and he's liking it. Though you might be able to find a better deal now. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/ (3rd one on list)

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
  • No less than 8GB ram, if you're paying that much anything less is a rip off.
  • Make sure the ram is at least 1600MHz, though it's unlikely it'll be anything less.
  • Nothing less than a i5 processor. At the very least Ivy Bridge, better power saving.
  • Avoid anything that only has Integrated Graphics. Pretty much anything that doesn't list Nvidia or AMD graphics. It might seem fine at first, but you're going to have a bad time, puts more stress on processor and it'll get hot and loud.
Check, check, check and check!
8GB RAM,
Core i7,
NVidia GeForce (something?)
Blu-Ray Player,
and other treats!

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
Moved to off topic since this isn't a question about the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci