• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ephiza

I'm double-posting this because I think this is a topic that needs to be seen, so much so that it deserves its own post.

I think that people are getting so charged up over the thought of a reset that everyone is losing sight of what the new updates will bring.

New features, new statistics, new tracking, more stable boards, and updated code for said boards will all be added, on top of some much-requested additions.
  • People are claiming that MCSG is boring because there's no weekly leaderboards, monthly leaderboards? We're on the verge of bringing those in, and reinvigorate interest with those players.
  • Heck, why not do seasonal leaderboards (it's been planned) or annual leaderboards, do something for the long-term players as well.
  • Clans still arguing who's best in their region? Official clan leaderboards have been discussed and may be implemented in the future thanks to the update's code revisions.
  • How about gameplay achievements? Get a badge or an icon once you've done something special, then wear it with pride (also planned).
  • And of course we'll be able to make the new leaderboards look spiffy and cool too. Current ones are nice, but I'm sure the update will make it look even sexier.

Not only that, but the leaderboards update is only part of a MUCH LARGER UPDATE that's coming to our system (so large that I had to type it in all caps). Public testing has already begun, so it's very close to release. But based on what we've heard from testers thus far, the results have been very positive, and we're very excited to roll it out for everyone.

Yet despite the fact that we're bringing in some great changes that have been requested by players for months and years, it seems like the hype behind such an awesome change is being drowned out by shouts of, "DON'T RESET MY STATS OR MCSG WILL DIE."

But Chad is a nice guy and he cares a lot about this community. Perhaps even too nice at times. He cares enough that, in spite of how much he's invested (time, effort, and money) in the update and the new leaderboards that he's willing to revoke all of it if the community doesn't like it. Despite the fact that the Q&A was an utterly shameful display of disrespect and insults, he still held it because he wanted to allow his voice to be heard along with everyone else's.

People were proclaiming that Chad didn't care? If Chad really didn't care, he would have reset the stats without even a warning, then told everyone, "deal with it". But he didn't. He took a risk by asking the community what they thought, he's listening to everyone's voices even now, and he's going to make a decision based on what's being said. If you still don't think he's listening to the community in spite of all that, I think you should reexamine who's actually not listening.

I trust Chad and the decisions that he makes. I trust the community to be something more than a collection of numbers, some larger than others. I trust the players to be strong enough to have confidence with us in spite of all the fear-mongering and doom-saying. And lastly, I believe that the updates will be worth the hassle in the end, because MCGamer will have something even greater to gain with the update.
Not saying anything, but is resetting everyone's stats really worth it. Especially with the lack of active mods, it'll be really hard. Even worse in EU. A lot of people will leave, if the hackers get bad enough.

NativeTalent

District 13
Reaction score
I voted yes soley because it'd make games more competitive. By the way, all you newer kids thinking "yes the new stat resets will give me a chance to get to the top" you are so wrong xD You'd be overwhelmed by the experienced players tryharding every single game. There would be no room for any of the newer players to have fun because they'll be demolished by good players. But I'm up for the competition. Let the games begin.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm double-posting this because I think this is a topic that needs to be seen, so much so that it deserves its own post.

I think that people are getting so charged up over the thought of a reset that everyone is losing sight of what the new updates will bring.

New features, new statistics, new tracking, more stable boards, and updated code for said boards will all be added, on top of some much-requested additions.
  • People are claiming that MCSG is boring because there's no weekly leaderboards, monthly leaderboards? We're on the verge of bringing those in, and reinvigorate interest with those players.
  • Heck, why not do seasonal leaderboards (it's been planned) or annual leaderboards, do something for the long-term players as well.
  • Clans still arguing who's best in their region? Official clan leaderboards have been discussed and may be implemented in the future thanks to the update's code revisions.
  • How about gameplay achievements? Get a badge or an icon once you've done something special, then wear it with pride (also planned).
  • And of course we'll be able to make the new leaderboards look spiffy and cool too. Current ones are nice, but I'm sure the update will make it look even sexier.

Not only that, but the leaderboards update is only part of a MUCH LARGER UPDATE that's coming to our system (so large that I had to type it in all caps). Public testing has already begun, so it's very close to release. But based on what we've heard from testers thus far, the results have been very positive, and we're very excited to roll it out for everyone.

Yet despite the fact that we're bringing in some great changes that have been requested by players for months and years, it seems like the hype behind such an awesome change is being drowned out by shouts of, "DON'T RESET MY STATS OR MCSG WILL DIE."

But Chad is a nice guy and he cares a lot about this community. Perhaps even too nice at times. He cares enough that, in spite of how much he's invested (time, effort, and money) in the update and the new leaderboards that he's willing to revoke all of it if the community doesn't like it. Despite the fact that the Q&A was an utterly shameful display of disrespect and insults, he still held it because he wanted to allow his voice to be heard along with everyone else's.

People were proclaiming that Chad didn't care? If Chad really didn't care, he would have reset the stats without even a warning, then told everyone, "deal with it". But he didn't. He took a risk by asking the community what they thought, he's listening to everyone's voices even now, and he's going to make a decision based on what's being said. If you still don't think he's listening to the community in spite of all that, I think you should reexamine who's actually not listening.

I trust Chad and the decisions that he makes. I trust the community to be something more than a collection of numbers, some larger than others. I trust the players to be strong enough to have confidence with us in spite of all the fear-mongering and doom-saying. And lastly, I believe that the updates will be worth the hassle in the end, because MCGamer will have something even greater to gain with the update.
Yes we may of all wanted weekly, monthly blah blah leaderboards, BUT, we didn't know it would come at such a steep cost lol. We were all under the impression that it was as easy as when we changed from regional stats (EU US AU) to a combined 1 place leaderboards(the current leaderoboards). I don't think anyone of us imagined that we would have to sacrifice all of our stats for a new leaderboards. I still vote no if its just a legacy leaderboards we get, I don't think its enough.

As far as the Q&A goes, I sadly couldn't make it to that even though I really wanted to. I had to work like always >_<. But I did hear all about the amount of raging I heard from the community and it disappoints me honestly. As Col_star said, Chad didn't have to have threads made about the reset, he didn't have to call a Q&A together to see what the community thought, he did it FOR US. He could of just did the reset and said oh well, kind of like the HIVE did way back then. Going as far as saying he doesn't care is just a bit low and shows how little people know about the community and Chad himself.

I still feel like the reset would cost Mcsg a lot of players tho. I stick by that. Can you imagine, if like, a game like WOW or LOL did a sort of stat reset to where everyones charecters/players were all reset back to how they were when you first started? I mean that would cause all the rage in the world lol. I still think it's better if Chad doesn't do this reset. Find a way to make it to where the best pvpers in the community don't leave. I recall Col_star saying something about not being able to have seperate leaderboards because of the cost? Hell, sell some more quantnum donors to pay for it -.- Do something that doesn't cause us all our stats.

FriscoBridgeMC

Experienced
Reaction score
How about daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards instead? That way people have the chance to be at the top of something without having to lose their overall stats. :D
People don't lose there overall stats because there are leaderboards that hold your old stats. xP

FriscoBridgeMC

Experienced
Reaction score
Its frozen though, you can't keep going with it..it's like a hall of fame now not active (or will be if 'yes' wins)
I know that... But what im saaying is you will still have proof and Gravey4rd will still be #1 in the leaderboards but other people will have a new chance to be number one.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know that... But what im saaying is you will still have proof and Gravey4rd will still be #1 in the leaderboards but other people will have a new chance to be number one.
um..im fine with the reset I guess but there will be more hackers, boosters, etc.

E

Ephiza

*Coming from someone with a 1/10*. Not surprised you want it. The amount of teams right now, along with hackers, is insane. A LB reset would make the game unplayable for a month or 2. And, other people shouldn't get an easy pass just because Gravey4rd has 4k wins. Guess what? Gravey4rd barely even plays anymore. Darkrai doesn't really play much either. If you want to be at the top, spend the f**ing time to do it.

BiboyQG

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes we may of all wanted weekly, monthly blah blah leaderboards, BUT, we didn't know it would come at such a steep cost lol. We were all under the impression that it was as easy as when we changed from regional stats (EU US AU) to a combined 1 place leaderboards(the current leaderoboards). I don't think anyone of us imagined that we would have to sacrifice all of our stats for a new leaderboards. I still vote no if its just a legacy leaderboards we get, I don't think its enough.

As far as the Q&A goes, I sadly couldn't make it to that even though I really wanted to. I had to work like always >_<. But I did hear all about the amount of raging I heard from the community and it disappoints me honestly. As Col_star said, Chad didn't have to have threads made about the reset, he didn't have to call a Q&A together to see what the community thought, he did it FOR US. He could of just did the reset and said oh well, kind of like the HIVE did way back then. Going as far as saying he doesn't care is just a bit low and shows how little people know about the community and Chad himself.

I still feel like the reset would cost Mcsg a lot of players tho. I stick by that. Can you imagine, if like, a game like WOW or LOL did a sort of stat reset to where everyones charecters/players were all reset back to how they were when you first started? I mean that would cause all the rage in the world lol. I still think it's better if Chad doesn't do this reset. Find a way to make it to where the best pvpers in the community don't leave. I recall Col_star saying something about not being able to have seperate leaderboards because of the cost? Hell, sell some more quantnum donors to pay for it -.- Do something that doesn't cause us all our stats.

preach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci