• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd vote yes but now just isn't a good time with all the hackers n shid

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
This is to everyone saying that MCSG is going to be much worse off if this change goes through. This is only affecting the leader boards and statistics, so it is only up to you to decide what the experience will be like after this change. If you are optimistic you are still going to enjoy your time on MCSG, but if you are pessimistic you are not going to have as good as a time.

Reactions: Ian

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
This is to everyone saying that MCSG is going to be much worse off if this change goes through. This is only affecting the leader boards and statistics, so it is only up to you to decide what the experience will be like after this change. If you are optimistic you are still going to enjoy your time on MCSG, but if you are pessimistic you are not going to have as good as a time.
True. But its hard to be optimistic when years of work has gone to waste.

VikingVirus

Tribute
Reaction score
On this particular topic I'm torn between Yes and No. If one votes Yes then we will finally get the new and improved leaderboards along with other features from MCSG V3. Also with the stat reset many people also will then have a chance to get to the #1 spot on the leaderboards. (which is BS)

If one votes NO then we will get NO leaderboard update but we will keep our old stats.

The people who are voting Yes are mainly people who want the new update or people who want #1. I find it really hard to swallow that people would vote for a stat reset just to get #1. This is why I voted NO

Everyone in the top 1000 are very good at the game and you new players are hoping for an EASY way to climb the leaderboards. Many COMPLAIN that it is very difficult to compete with the top notch players today and yes that is VERY true.

BUT

If you want an easy way to get to the top then you won't STAY there. Because to stay at the top you need DEDICATION, GUTS, and DETERMINATION! People just believing they can climb the leaderboards is one thing, but STAYING there is another. If someone is bad at PVP then it doesn't matter about the stat reset! If someone is good then it doesn't matter as well! He or she will stay good! Personally I suck at MCSG :D and I'm not good at all, but I still voted no because of the reason why the MAJORITY of the people voted yes.

I know people voted yes because of the updates, and I do not mean ANY offense whatsoever. But this is just to the people who voted yes to get #1.

Gravey4rd spent 6w3d6h53m44s playing MCSG. That means if you sit at your computer for 6 weeks with no food or drink that would be the time he spent on MCSG. Why throw away people's hard work and dedication. Many of you believe that us "losers" spend WAY to much time on MCSG. But did you ever think it was a way to vent? A way to escape? We all have different ways to cope with life and some people's way is just to play games! I do sports to escape and you probably do something or other that lets you vent and escape.

#votenoforstatreset

Last edited:
E

Ephiza

On this particular topic I'm torn between Yes and No. If one votes Yes then we will finally get the new and improved leaderboards along with other features from MCSG V3. Also with the stat reset many people also will then have a chance to get to the #1 spot on the leaderboards. (which is BS)

If one votes NO then we will get NO leaderboard update but we will keep our old stats.

The people who are voting Yes are mainly people who want the new update or people who want #1. I find it really hard to swallow that people would vote for a stat reset just to get #1. This is why I voted NO

Everyone in the top 1000 are very good at the game and you new players are hoping for an EASY way to climb the leaderboards. Many COMPLAIN that it is very difficult to compete with the top notch players today and yes that is VERY true.

BUT

If you want an easy way to get to the top then you won't STAY there. Because to stay at the top you need DEDICATION, GUTS, and DETERMINATION! People just believing they can climb the leaderboards is one thing, but STAYING there is another. If someone is bad at PVP then it doesn't matter about the stat reset! If someone is good then it doesn't matter as well! He or she will stay good! Personally I suck at MCSG :D and I'm not good at all, but I still voted no because of the MAJORITY of the reason why people voted yes.

I know people voted yes because of the updates and I do not mean ANY offense whatsoever. But this is just to the people who voted yes to get #1.

Gravey4rd spent 6w3d6h53m44s playing MCSG. That means if you sit at your computer for 6 weeks with no food or drink that would be the time he spent on MCSG. Why throw away people's hard work and dedication. Many of you believe that us "losers" spend WAY to much time on MCSG. But did you ever think it was a way to vent? A way to escape? We all have different ways to cope with life and some people's way is just to play games! I do sports to escape and you probably do something or other that lets you vent and escape.

#votenoforstatreset

chrisfire56

Platinum
Reaction score

BUT

If you want an easy way to get to the top then you won't STAY there. Because to stay at the top you need DEDICATION, GUTS, and DETERMINATION! People just believing they can climb the leaderboards is one thing, but STAYING there is another. If someone is bad at PVP then it doesn't matter about the stat reset! If someone is good then it doesn't matter as well! He or she will stay good! Personally I suck at MCSG :D and I'm not good at all, but I still voted no because of the MAJORITY of the reason why people voted yes.

I know people voted yes because of the updates and I do not mean ANY offense whatsoever. But this is just to the people who voted yes to get #1.

#votenoforstatreset
I agree with everything you said.

Tzazon

Experienced
Reaction score

BUT

#votenoforstatreset
That's one of the reasons I'm torn between yes/no. It isn't just graveyard either, though. You have people like Edog who has spend 8w5h36m33s inside MCSG playing to be #1, in April or May he had 1980 something wins I believe, and now he has 3718, almost 2000 more wins in such a short period of time. He's only 400-500 more wins from doing something like toppling graveyard on the leaderboard, which is his plan, to get up there and to finally claim a spot he's been pushing for since he joined the MCSG community through the trials and tribulations of MCSG history you'd be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated to getting up there. I mean the dude was banned for months and dropped from #3 all the way to #16 or something and now he's back in the #3 position where he used to be, and that just takes dedication. It's stories like that, that makes me wish the leaderboards won't reset, because all those people who are saying yes to a reset don't understand what it feels like to put your time and hard dedication to being #1, and never reaching it. I don't even think there is a single person who has played as many games of MCSG as Edog has, 11454 games, especially in the time he's been a member of the community.

His story isn't just a singular one and many people have just as much time in the game, and that's a fact. I mean if you add up the total time of the top 10 players of MCSG it equates to well over a full year of being in MCSG. Although I mentioned, that if done right I'd change my vote to yes, the reset would have to be done right for that to happen and that'll take time to see and sit back to watch from a distance.

A vote for no isn't "I don't like change" and I see that in the OP as one of the reasons for voting no, and it's just kind of silly to put it up there honestly. Reading it sounds a bit insulting because when you think of people who don't like change, usually an image of some prehistoric caveman or some Luddite smashing every piece of new technology comes to mind sticking their fingers in their ears chanting something along the lines of "I don't like change" "Me no want change". Maybe it's just me perceiving it that way, as it most likely is, but it just sort of seems a bit insulting to have that up there.

Last edited:

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I'm torn between yes/no. It isn't just graveyard either, though. You have people like Edog who has spend 8w5h36m33s inside MCSG playing to be #1, in April or May he had 1980 something wins I believe, and now he has 3718, almost 2000 more wins in such a short period of time. He's only 400-500 more wins from doing something like toppling graveyard on the leaderboard, which is his plan, to get up there and to finally claim a spot he's been pushing for since he joined the MCSG community through the trials and tribulations of MCSG history you'd be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated to getting up there. I mean the dude was banned for months and dropped from #3 all the way to #16 or something and now he's back in the #3 position where he used to be, and that just takes dedication. It's stories like that, that makes me wish the leaderboards won't reset, because all those people who are saying yes to a reset don't understand what it feels like to put your time and hard dedication to being #1, and never reaching it. I don't even think there is a single person who has played as many games of MCSG as Edog has, 11454 games, especially in the time he's been a member of the community.

His story isn't just a singular one and many people have just as much time in the game, and that's a fact. I mean if you add up the total time of the top 10 players of MCSG it equates to well over a full year of being in MCSG. Although I mentioned, that if done right I'd change my vote to yes, the reset would have to be done right for that to happen and that'll take time to see and sit back to watch from a distance.

A vote for no isn't "I don't like change" and I see that in the OP as one of the reasons for voting no, and it's just kind of silly to put it up there honestly. Reading it sounds a bit insulting because when you think of people who don't like change, usually an image of some prehistoric caveman or some Luddite smashing every piece of new technology comes to mind sticking their fingers in their ears chanting something along the lines of "I don't like change" "Me no want change". Maybe it's just me perceiving it that way, as it most likely is, but it just sort of seems a bit insulting to have that up there.
I hope they read our comments before they make their decision because they were defending the stats reset quite a lot in the Q&A. (for it to happen).

JustSimpleGaming

Survivor
Reaction score
if this update gonna happen i probably gonna live mcsg. I were trying so hard... Omg why? Why cant we let the things be like they are?? #VoteNoForStatsReset

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that they better read our comments before making the final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci