• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicPsycho

Platinum
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if it was from Hive. A server can take another server's ideas as long as they're good. That would only be making the server better, wouldn't it? ;D

;-;
I never said there was anything wrong with it i was just stating that it was copying. And yes i agree, it would only be making the server better and it shows the server that got copied from has good idea's because people are copying from it.

E

Ephiza

I never said there was anything wrong with it i was just stating that it was copying. And yes i agree, it would only be making the server better and it shows the server that got copied from has good idea's because people are copying from it.
:)

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, so it's apparent to me that minecraft is dying, and mcsg is going to be one of the last servers.

So, I'm going to offer a choice.

Would you rather have MCSG die on a good note, with all the high ranked players feeling happy?

Or would you rather have MCSG die on a bad note, with just about every influential member leaving.

As Hks said, pick your poison.
As far as I know Minecraft is no where near dying.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly in my opinion, i dont like the idea of a stats reset, for a number of reasons, but i want to address some of the other concerns and views being brought up as well.

1) Something i noticed during the Staff QnA is that they always said go vote on the poll. Now, The Poll is a debatable/controversial of getting your view across, mainly because it is so easily influenced by other people. Lets say a popular youtuber, tomahawk for example, (Not saying he has done this, merely an example) could tell his 150k odd or whatsoever, to vote no or vote yes, and his fans would follow it because they like making their idols happy. This of course makes the voting unreliable, and therefore shouldnt really be taken as a main voice of the people. no Doubt it probably will, as they isnt much else to use.

2) The Legacy Leaderboards. Now, a lot of Mods have been saying not to worry about the stats because they are saved there. Now, this is in no disrespect to any staff member, but times have changed where staff were pvp orientated, to work orientated. Looking at the staff now, there aren't many mods which stand out as pure PVP fanatics. This of course, makes their view on the staff reset a little bias, as perhaps their stats arent good, or they arent into pvp at all. Now, you have to look at it from people like Graveyard, bcfcAnt , Darkrai and other top 25/30 players. Its all good saying the stas will be saved. But i dont know about you, but i wouldnt like to play as much as i have done again to get my 2500/4000 wins back. Like its all good having them saved, but many of the staff wont understand the annoyance they feel because many do not have a lot of wins (exceptions of course apply, there are some insane mods at PVP). Although the Legacy leaderboards seems to be a solution, its just freezing a persons wins. Maybe I wanted to break 600 wins or some sort, or if you're Sean and you've played 6000 games to hit 300 wins (OP STATS), you dont wanna play that many again. I may be wrong, maybe people see it as competition, but you'll see a new list of the pr0 Pvpers which is good and bad.

3)Hackers. Standard topic, speaking as an ex-Mod, i understand the whole deal with hackers, so Im not gonna go too much into detail. The Minute stats are reset, there will be hackers trying to reach number one. Regardless of if the Hacker rules get stricter, the numbers will be keep flooding in until a new anti-cheat in released or so (Might be in production, someone confirm for me perhaps). I use EU for an example, due to the lack of EU mods, hackers haven't really increased, its the mods which have decreased, which sort of creates the illusion that lots more hackers are on, when really they probably aren't as huge as people think. personally, there will still be an increase, now everyone has a clean slate in their records.

I might edit this later with additional points

I feel like as much as many of us dont want this stats reset to occur, i feel as if its gonna be reset no matter what valid points are said, as by how defensive staff are getting about this, its only gonna be a matter of time.
One point you can add is that many players and staff (as it was said in the QnA) all seem to say it's not fair because if they want to be number 1 they'll have to play for months and months. When Dave said that I was like well, you do realise the stats are going to be pretty much like that again sooner or later... does that mean we reset every two years because no doubt there will be more new players so it's 'unfair' for them?

The only 'fair' way in my opinion is not resetting because everyone started from zero.

The excuse that it's too hard to rank high is the worst excuse I've personally heard and find it quite ridiculous because it will happen again and there's no denying that. So, how is this even an argument.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Ok sure. I have the same amount of likes as you with 500 less posts and I have been in the community longer than you have more wins and more people know me. You call me the randy.
LOL WTF NOBODY KNOWS YOU KID IM NOT A RANDY DONT EVEN

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
LOL WTF NOBODY KNOWS YOU KID IM NOT A RANDY DONT EVEN
Yes, nobody knows me, that is why I have more wins, games played, posts, likes, been in better clans, and been in the top 10 before. Nobody knows me :(.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, nobody knows me, that is why I have more wins, games played, posts, likes, been in better clans, and been in the top 10 before. Nobody knows me :(.
Been in better clans wtf name your clans fgt
Rivals
Protocol
TheBeginning
eternity
You don't have more wins combined btw....
Also dude b4 u start saying forgotten rebels protocol elevate etc. keep in mind I can ask them.
Dude I'm not playing your beig stupid, I can go ask everyone of the top 10 clans right now and see how many know you compared I me
Edit: dude you have 50 more wins and 500 more games an I'm on a 499 loss streak from scrims
SH!t player omfg

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
Been in better clans wtf name your clans fgt
Rivals
Protocol
TheBeginning
eternity
You don't have more wins combined btw....
Also dude b4 u start saying forgotten rebels protocol elevate etc. keep in mind I can ask them.
Dude I'm not playing your beig stupid, I can go ask everyone of the top 10 clans right now and see how many know you compared I me
Just saying, Ive never heard of you before Sniper...Ive seen you post things on here like once or twice, but thats about it...Mint is also known pretty well in the community too :/

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Just saying, Ive never heard of you before Sniper...Ive seen you post things on here like once or twice, but thats about it...Mint is also known pretty well in the community too :/
HA
BITE ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci