• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
It's the same thing all over again. After people were used to the v2 stat reset, nobody complained at all about losing their old stats. People will eventually get used to it. It's like having to reset your computer - you don't want to do it, but after it happens, it doesn't really matter too much. You eventually get used to not having the old data, and you fill your hard drive with new things anyways.
Then its too hard for teh new peoples. lets reset agen, k? tnx

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I would like to see the stats reset, but I must admit this is a great argument pointing out the pointlessness of the legacy leaderboards.

Besides the legacy leaderboards argument, I do have one main point that keeps me on the "yes" side of this poll. Simply put, I would love to see the race for first come back. As the leaderboards currently stand, Gravey4rd will be #1 for as long he wants to be quite frankly. Pretty much all the people on the front page of the leaderboards will be there for as long as they want, because the spread between every player is so great now that it is extremely difficult to pass anyone (take for example Huahwi, who has been inactive for months yet still is firmly on the front page). It's no fun to keep up with the leaderboards when nothing ever really changes on them.

Now imagine if everyone was even again. The drive and competition to be high up on the leaderboards would be huge. It would be much more fun to watch people compete every day for #1 as opposed to the current situation, where Gravey4rd will be #1 for forever. I would check the leaderboards more often, because I'd be curious to see who was on top (unlike now when I don't even have to check the leaderboards because everyone knows who's on them). Also, I think as a player it would be much more fun to have a realistic chance for a high rank as opposed to now when you have to sacrifice literally weeks of your life to even get in the picture.
------------------------------------------------------------------
An argument to all the people who say boosting and hacking will increase: You don't know it will. What does assuming do? Makes an ass out of you and me. Besides, in the past when hackers or boosters have gotten to high ranks they have been banned fairly quickly (it's not like the leaderboards will be completely hackers and boosters if they are reset).
A race for first would be nice, but it isn't worth erasing everything we've worked for. Simply installing a yearly leaderboard would absolutely bring back the race for first, one we could experience over and over every year, without deleting our current statistics.

J

Joel/MadDawg

A race for first would be nice, but it isn't worth erasing everything we've worked for. Simply installing a yearly leaderboard would absolutely bring back the race for first, without deleting our current statistics.
You do realize that to install a yearly/monthly/weekly leaderboard they have to completely reset the leaderboard, right? Devin has stated that the coding for the current leaderboards is old and can not support different types of leaderboards (yearly for example), but if they reset the leaderboards they could code the new leaderboard better so it can support these. I completely forgot to mention this in my post, but this is definitely another reason why a support a stat reset.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
You do realize that to install a yearly/monthly/weekly leaderboard they have to completely reset the leaderboard, right? Devin has stated that the coding for the current leaderboards is old and can not support different types of leaderboards (yearly for example), but if they reset the leaderboards they could code the new leaderboard better so it can support these. I completely forgot to mention this in my post, but this is definitely another reason why a support a stat reset.
Can you link where he said this?

Chris_hill12

Tribute
Reaction score
How about daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards instead? That way people have the chance to be at the top of something without having to lose their overall stats. :D
Genius just brilliant I love this idea Yeeessssss in the staff Q&A bring this up I know and others in the top 200 on the leader boards can agree that a stay reset would be horrible and would suck alot

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Their system was derived from ours (in more ways than you know), but their leaderboards are definitely different than ours. They had the advantage of being able to develop with those features in mind from the start, something we didn't have. If we want to match them, then we need to take the necessary steps towards the new system, and that requires a global reset.

I just think it's frustrating that people have clamored for these features, such as Monthly Leaderboards, Regional Leaderboards, and potentially Clan Leaderboards, since seemingly forever. But now that we're in a position to actually add those things that will add lasting appeal to the game, no one wants to take it; they don't want to give up their past in order to build for the future. I get that people don't want to put their effort to waste, and we're offering an option to minimize that loss, but the fact is that such a sacrifice is necessary before we can build something better for us all.

Unfortunately, that still doesn't change the fact that we can't have Regional/Monthly leaderboards without the new system and the resets necessary. Trust us: we've tried quite often to implement those with our current system, since that would be the hypothetical best-case scenario. But the reality of the situation is that that just isn't realistic for us to accomplish.
Well, if this is the case of not being able to do these other things, at least give the high ranked players a better reward than "Legacy Leader boards" shown in my first post

Chris_hill12

Tribute
Reaction score
The global stat reset should be an optional thing, like make the stat reset feature a free thing for about a week or so. Personally, I think its really, REALLY annoying how I am just going to have wasted literally 5 weeks, all for nothing...Most of the people that voted Yes are most likely people with bad ratios, or just people that don`t want to feel like a no-life, while almost anyone who has alot of wins and a good ratio has been there before...I used to have a terribad ratio...Then I started to get good, which happens to anyone who actually tries. I would personally quit MCG if they did a global stats reset, and Im 100% sure im not going to be the only one.
I feel u bro the struggles... I'd quit 2 worked 2 hard 2 get into the top 125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci