• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm obviously voting no, when I first starting playing 1.5 years ago and the top people had lots more wins, there was no stats reset, and after a year of try harding I got up there and now you want to stop stats from growing with all the hackers going around atm, then that'll just force me to quit. I'm sure i'm wouldn't be the only one.
I quit and I haven't been this happy in a long time

bamsarfield

Platinum
Reaction score
Why don't they just keep on updating the old ones as well, this would let people have the best of both worlds.
if you won 1 game then the win would register on both leaderboards

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
So I'm wrong that the in game community wants the stats to be reset and that one youtuber made everyone vote yea
Not everyone in-game wants to have it reset... The polls are tainted because of his video. If Huahwi came back and made a video saying he votes no, you know how many people would be voting no?

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
Please do not reset. You guys clearly have no idea what you are doing. You know what the server is going to become if you reset? Lots of people are going to quit mcsg. Please don't do this.

AlexxGamer88

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that It's a great idea! It will make MCSG more competitive and interesting to see who is the new Gravey4rd or Huahwi.Im sorry for players like Gravey4rd or Mr_Gears, but its a new oportunity :D

I voted YES
!

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
Please do not reset. You guys clearly have no idea what you are doing. You know what the server is going to become if you reset? Lots of people are going to quit mcsg. Please don't do this.
You need to know that this is a business, and with a business, they will find a way to make money. This is a business tactic. Meaning, they are doing this because they think they make more money doing this. They are correct and incorrect. MCGamer is looking at way to make themselves happy, not us. I'd be surprised if they decide to not reset the leaderboards.

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
You need to know that this is a business, and with a business, they will find a way to make money. This is a business tactic. Meaning, they are doing this because they think they make more money doing this. They are correct and incorrect. MCGamer is looking at way to make themselves happy, not us. I'd be surprised if they decide to not reset the leaderboards.
True :/ But they don't know how much effort people have put in over the summer to rack up wins. If they reset, then there whole summer playing mcsg has gone to waste. But I know what you are saying about the business thing. However, if they do reset stats, I don't think that they will make more money. It will result in lots of people quitting.

Fluxion326

Platinum
Reaction score
The stat reset isn't going to be implemented to make high ranking players angry or upset and it's not there to even the playing field either. The intention of it is updating it as it is a bit outdated as well as implementing more features to the leader boards. I would't classify myself as a terrible player as I do have around 900 wins but I am looking forward to the update. If you play like you always have done you will still remain at the top as you are ranked 5th in the world Mr_Gears. Just keep playing and you will most likely still be on top.

BabyCactus_PvP

Platinum
Reaction score
I really want a no vote, think of the players devoting so much time to the server to just have it reset. But Im not saying new players can't get into the top 100, look at huahwi he was rank 5 in a matter of months.

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
The stat reset isn't going to be implemented to make high ranking players angry or upset and it's not there to even the playing field either. The intention of it is updating it as it is a bit outdated as well as implementing more features to the leader boards. I would't classify myself as a terrible player as I do have around 900 wins but I am looking forward to the update. If you play like you always have done you will still remain at the top as you are ranked 5th in the world Mr_Gears. Just keep playing and you will most likely still be on top.
But you don't understand where we're coming from. I spent over a year trying to get to the top 10. I'm not going through that again. I quit winning and I want to play for fun now. Having these Legacy Leaderboards is not worth my effort. It's basically saying this: "Wow, you were once ranked 5? What happened? You suck now?" I don't feel like putting my time into this server again. I'm not trying to cause flame or cause any problems, but you mods do a bad job at what they are supposed to be doing. If you wish to read my other post explaining why you don't do a good job, then go read it. I'm not explaining it again.

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
This is a great idea for people with bad stats and new players. For those worrying about the top players stats.... the stats are still there on a legacy leaderboard and they will still be good so they will be able to get back up to the top. Also with the new statisics this sounds like an overall great idea how could anyone not support this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci