• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
And upgrade it? I don't think so. Especially with the "lifetime" ranks, soon there won't be as many.
Well as all of you people hoping for the reset are saying, daily weekly monthly leaderboards will bring a BUNCH of new players. Are none of them gonna donate?

Reaction score
Well as all of you people hoping for the reset are saying, daily weekly monthly leaderboards will bring a BUNCH of new players. Are none of them gonna donate?
If they donate for lifetime, then the money would stop coming in after a bit of time. Of course there will always be donators, but eventually people will stop. That's how every server with lifetime ranks go.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
They also said there wouldn't be a reset the first time, sooo...
As overthetopgaming said, they said that back when our current leaderboards were in date. Back then they didn't realize they might need to upgrade them. Now that we're in the position of needing an upgrade, their current code is out-dated enough that adding anything new would mess it up. If we go through with the one reset, that will allow them to make the code possible to upgrade in the future, not needing another reset.

They don't have to do a global reset to make the new leaderboards. It cost money, money they most certainly have and if they don't wanna use it, have a fundraiser. If they don't have money I truely can't imagine where $1000s of dollars from donors are going. 10 platinum donors= $1000
How are you sure they have the money to double to costs of their leaderboard servers? Resetting them will keep the costs where they're at, while expanding them in their current state will double their already pricey cost. I'm sure we get lots of donations, but the cost of each donation isn't close to the amount of expenses that these servers have. 10 Platinum donations (I would think) wouldn't be enough to cover a month's worth of runtime with the amount of servers they have. They just don't have the income to just double their leaderboard costs.

E

Ephiza

As overthetopgaming said, they said that back when our current leaderboards were in date. Back then they didn't realize they might need to upgrade them. Now that we're in the position of needing an upgrade, their current code is out-dated enough that adding anything new would mess it up. If we go through with the one reset, that will allow them to make the code possible to upgrade in the future, not needing another reset.

How are you sure they have the money to double to costs of their leaderboard servers? Resetting them will keep the costs where they're at, while expanding them in their current state will double their already pricey cost. I'm sure we get lots of donations, but the cost of each donation isn't close to the amount of expenses that these servers have. 10 Platinum donations (I would think) wouldn't be enough to cover a month's worth of runtime with the amount of servers they have. They just don't have the income to just double their leaderboard costs.
We don't need a LB update. They are perfectly fine the way they are. Resetting everyone's stats isn't worth it.

E

Ephiza

Excuse the double post, but, MCSG is hosted by CubedHost, correct?

CubedHost for 1 server 24 people is about 400 dollars for 6 months. So, (too lazy to do the math, so just gonna round) . For everything is about 30k a year. With the amount of donors MCSG has, they can afford to do it w/o resetting stats.

Reaction score

CubedHost for 1 server 24 people is about 400 dollars for 6 months. So, (too lazy to do the math, so just gonna round) . For everything is about 30k a year. With the amount of donors MCSG has, they can afford to do it w/o resetting stats.
They buy them in boxes. 25 servers = one box. Also, they upgrade the servers. You do realize they had to sell 32 (?) quantum donators just to push out ONE upgrade. If you do the math, it is $200 for one, so 200x32 is $6,400. For one update, so I believe. Not sure if they used all of it. But that's how much... It's a lot more than you think.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
We don't need a LB update. They are perfectly fine the way they are. Resetting everyone's stats isn't worth it.
True, this portion is all opinion. Some may think it's needed, while others don't think it is. I can see you stance on how they're not needed, that everyone has worked hard for their stats and they don't want them going to waste. I just feel that this update will benefit the servers more than it would negatively impact them, but that's just how I see it, no need to agree with me.

That's only factoring in in-game servers. If it was just that alone, I can see that they would have the money to double the costs (Which would be silly of them). The leaderboard server has to keep track of 1250000+ players, for each game tally a game played, compare statistics (Like most kills, most chests), know if they won a game, update their stats, and then figure out their new rank. The system has to go through this process for every player in every game finished. Which doesn't seem like much, but as Col_StaR stated in a different thread, 30 games finish every 2.5 minutes on the network, giving 720 games per hour, which leads to 17,280 players to be processed per hour. That is a lot of work for a server to do, which adds to the cost. If they go on to make 2 separate leaderboards, that doubles the amount of players that server has to process. That will increase their costs, which in turn, will most likely lead to increases in donor costs.

birthdaysalmon

Tribute
Reaction score
The reset is going to cause mcsg's fan base to explode, so many players from hive and multicube are going to convert to mcsg to get high on the leaderboards, its one of the smartest business decisions mcgamer could make. They are not going to ignore this fact to please some donators. And with so many youtubers coming back to mcsg for the reset like Private Fearless, many of their fans will follow.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
The reset is going to cause mcsg's fan base to explode, so many players from hive and multicube are going to convert to mcsg to get high on the leaderboards, its one of the smartest business decisions mcgamer could make. They are not going to ignore this fact to please some donators. And with so many youtubers coming back to mcsg for the reset like Private Fearless, many of their fans will follow.
Um not that many people are just gonna switch servers. If you like a server, you play it. They like the server they are on, new stats isn't just gonna make them leave their community. All 3 servers are very different, new stats isn't just gonna make people from hive or multi cube come play. And do you really think any of them know about this? Because I highly doubt people from hive look at the mcsg forums

birthdaysalmon

Tribute
Reaction score
Um not that many people are just gonna switch servers. If you like a server, you play it. They like the server they are on, new stats isn't just gonna make them leave their community. All 3 servers are very different, new stats isn't just gonna make people from hive or multi cube come play. And do you really think any of them know about this? Because I highly doubt people from hive look at the mcsg forums
I think you will find you're wrong, I play on all 3 major servers and a lot of people are getting hyped for mcsg stat reset

MrVirus2001

Tribute
Reaction score
I believe that the better thing is that they put that the people could reset the statistics once a month for player and that I am free and that they take 50 % of plays from the people and of gained on having put this in order that it is a bit easier

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe that the better thing is that they put that the people could reset the statistics once a month for player and that I am free and that they take 50 % of plays from the people and of gained on having put this in order that it is a bit easier
lol wat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci