• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: First Offense Hacking Perm-ban

Are you for or against this decision?

• Total voters

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
I like the idea of a stricter enforcement on the ban rule, but I'd have to say I'm against it. I hate hackers just as much as the next guy, but people are sometimes banned for terrible evidence and stay banned. To me this just seems like it could cause more harm that good to those who truly aren't hacking and get wrongfully banned. Yes, they can file an appeal to get unbanned, but it doesn't always work out that way. I think, if anything, the focus needs to lean not only towards banning hackers properly, but having justification towards that ban. Many of my friends have had this issue before, and they are loyal people who do not hack. Eventually, most of them would have their ban ware off or file an appeal, but it leaves that stain on their record. There are also some now reputable characters in our community who are ex hackers, some caught some not. I'm referring to hacking once or twice years ago and haven't done so since; not like Leafy or something. I just hope that this doesn't branch out into any other areas outside of hacking, because I could go into a long debate about how people I know were unjustly banned for things they've said or done. I hope that this can work for the better, in the end, but from my current stand point I see a lot of negative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci