• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: First Offense Hacking Perm-ban

Are you for or against this decision?

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Today, ChadTheDJ made the announcement. The controversial decision that has been debated by the community since the beginning of MCSG. A decision that came from multiple long debates by staff that took place spontaneously on the MCGamer TS.

If you haven't seen the announcement, you can go here to read more.

What do you think about this decision? Are you for it or against it? Have you been expecting this? Let us know!

Please be respectful and keep all flame off of this thread; any abusive, harmful, offensive, or troll comments will be removed. There is nothing wrong with debating or civilized arguing, as long as it is controlled and not provocative.

Deathwish

Gold
Reaction score
First page! Yes! :)

I agree with this. Reason? Hackers are becoming more intelligent. They know how to find alts and wen they do, you can't stop them unless you record all 20 alts and 'temp ban' them. To make it more efficient, a perm ban would help out the players and staff.

Idk. Just my opinion.

MaximMine

Platinum
Reaction score
I really like the idea to permban hackers, But some people get unfairly banned, Because I think that if someone isn't know that well in the community, moderators ban them faster than they ban other well known players, I have been banned for hacking before, But I never hacked before. It was unfair, If this would've happend today, I would've been unfairly permbanned.

I think that there is going to be alot of unfair bans, I might be wrong. But I dont think I will be wrong.

LieutenantIV

Experienced
Reaction score
No doubt for it.

I won't lie - I've had my doubts. Ever since I heard the idea being pushed, I always thought it was a bad idea. Something about the thought of being permanently banned on your first offense threw me off a bit.

Though, now, this is something I can support. The statistics they released show that this should definitely help. This is something the community itself has been rallying for for quite a while, and it's nice to see that the administration listened in this whole time and took their time to ensure that such a system could successfully work.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have always thought of second chances being the one thing in life in which you could really count on someone to return and be a better person or teammate. Yet when provided with evidence that Chad gave us, it is sort of hard to not agree with him.

I guess there are pros and cons to the whole situation but for now we sit and wait...

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
its definitely the right move. i wish there was a way to kill them instead of ban them, but this works too i guess.
they don't learn from their mistakes, even the ones who may be popular in the community. its the right move.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I really like the idea to permban hackers, But some people get unfairly banned, Because I think that if someone isn't know that well in the community, moderators ban them faster than they ban other well known players, I have been banned for hacking before, But I never hacked before. It was unfair, If this would've happend today, I would've been unfairly permbanned.

I think that there is going to be alot of unfair bans, I might be wrong. But I dont think I will be wrong.
If they were unfairly banned, they can submit a ban dispute to get unbanned c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci