• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Discussion: Regarding mod applications

Would you support the imposition of a limit like this?

• Yes

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I have a love-hate attitude toward this. I think that the standards for our staff members' activity may be low and could take some activeness or familiarity checks before being allowed to apply, but I also feel that members that do well enough to pass all the trials ahead of them deserve their spot.

The main revisions that would be needed would obviously be the applications, as passing the trials ahead of you after being accepted for interview has nothing to do with your familiarity or experience. Personally, I think that your familiarity and activeness should be looked over more. In fact, I'm going to bring this up at our next meeting. I'll let the Sr. Staff handle the situation in it's entirety as they are more equipped to.

Here's to some policy changes. :)

P.S. - This was typed up at 3:13 am so there will more than likely be mistakes or parts that make little to no sense.

HuggaBear

Career
Reaction score
You're absolutely right! I don't really think that the amount of posts matter, because, as some other people said before, you could be on the forum for 2 days and post 50 times within that small amount of time. Especially if a player is applying for moderator, as mods need to know how to use the forums and whatnot. The amount of posts also don't matter because these post might not even be meaningful. A good mod would posts threads that are meaningful and that would help the community and whatnot.

While waiting months before applying for mod will make you more experienced, it will also prove dedication, giving you a better shot at becoming a mod, and will also prove that you will make a good mod, so that we have QUALITY over quantity. It will also make you more known on the forums, which is also good when applying for mod.

I think this a great thread and it should be taken into consideration. Nice job!

TumblrTaz

Diamond
Reaction score
In my opinion personally, a mod that hasn't been on the network long enough to know its strength and weaknesses, well, should rethink about the position. Again, in no way am I bashing current mods that are new to the server.

But this server is like a child to a few people. And how can people protect it if they don't know the weaknesses and strengths it has to offer? In my opinion, mods that have been in the community a long time are the ones that more people will go to as they are a familiar face.

I love all mods and what they do. And I respect someone for helping the server out, but I do wish there was a limit on how long you have been in the community

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci