• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

College Decision

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd say Purdude because it is a better school overall.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I'm in my final year of college so the days of choosing are long behind me, but what I have found is the college you go to isn't entirely important in the end, it is how well you do in the course and how much you enjoy your time at college that matters, personally I would go for the big scholarship, you will be able to get a decent engineering job at the end of each course but having no debt at the end will be a huge advantage for your future :) good luck!

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would go to the school that is offering you the better courses. Because you don't want to spend money, and regret taking classes you know that are not your first interest. As long as you enjoy taking the classes, it's up to you to make that decision on what school, but with the scholarship, it would make it much easier for you, to go there, only because of the money.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
For all those people who are saying that asking a gaming community may not be the best idea, I understand that. However, I just want as much input as possible. People on here may think of different things than my parents or other alumni from those colleges would think. I just want as much input as possible.

Sports

Platinum
Reaction score
choose good college and lern all teh stuff

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here's my pitch. There are two factors to this. There is your life for the next four years, and then there is the start of your new life as a college graduate.

Most likely, if you go to CSU, you'll be doing what you're best at and enjoying the learning more, and most likely feeling more comfortable in the classroom. However the two majors are pretty similar so this isn't a killer. Also, you'll be coming out with less debt and your life after college will most likely be a hell of a lot less stressful.

So... you go to Purdue. You'll most likely like it much more because you've always wanted to go, and you'll probably be a lot happier while at school. Plus, you don't have to life with your parents anymore and have more freedom (yay for bad choices!). Through this, you will most likely meet more friends and have a better college experience. You may graduate with more debt, and regret this, but you won't have the social regret you'll have from passing up the opportunity to go to your dream school.

But really talk to your family and your friends who are going through the same thing, or talk to people who have had to make similar decisions. They'll help you much more than we here at MCG would most likely be able to do.

Good luck!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly, although it is slightly expensive, I would go with Purdue. After college, you can get a better, high-paying job and pay off the money you owe. (Also, you can be about 2 hours away from me. :p)

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
I say go to Purdue because if it's your dream college then go for it. If all goes well in college and you get a good job and stuff, then paying off college won't be a problem.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
In this situation I would go to CSU, but imo I don't think you should trust anyone on the internet to make your decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci