• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Coaster SG- Final output

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, so after all the progress we have made (Me and MultiLego51) We finally finished CoasterSG. Although small, it has a crazy amount of structures that makes the tributes have a chance to run and hide. It's sort of like a Solar Frost, but outside. Lots of Mountains, and this theme park his some history behind it. I'll post screenshots of a view major things.
Ravine with minerals and such. You can see a staircase leading down.
2013-01-04_22.11.31.png

Cornucopia

2013-01-04_22.13.23.png

Mountain with the main roller coaster. And a tiny cave inside the mountain.. teehee
2013-01-04_22.12.21.png

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay well the uploading files just crashed, so that's all you have. Check out the original thread to see screenshots.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The rest wouldn't upload, so, again, look on the original thread for more.
By the way, if you request a custom map we'll make one. It won't take long.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well it's a theme park, what do you expect? :p Plus Multi added a few more touches to it, and people were also saying flat land was sorta unique. So we decided to side with the players. If it doesn't make it we'll make a custom map (if requested)

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
It. Is. A. Theme park.
Yes, but it doesnt look like one:). I take it you are building this, aiming to get it accepted? If so, you NEED to fill in that empty land with something. You honestly need to. I understand that you may think that is what a themepark looks like, but it's not. At all.
Firstly, you're wrong in saying a theme park must be flat, I have never seen a completely flat theme park in my life, and Ive seen many. Ive been to Florida, Orlando what, 9 times? Which is somewhat considered one of the most dense locations to go round exploring themeparks. No themepark is flat and dull, like this. The whole place doesnt have to be smothered in rollercoasters, there are an absolutely vast and expansive amount of options, of which you could fill in the empty spaces with. Try adding more water features, such as a lake, waterfall, fountains. In these areas where the lakes are situated, do 'mini' terraforming. Create a lush garden, that's fun to explore, and creates the impression that the themepark is more expensive, and developed. If you want to see what I mean, search 'Alton Towers gardens' in google images, a perfect example.
If, however, you are aiming for a more cheap, ordinary theme park, more similar to a fairground, then I suggest maybe placing camper vans and tents around the place. And making the rollercoasters look cheap.
Secondly, the rollercoasters don't HAVE to be set out in an ordered fashion, if you dot them around the place, it makes the whole place seem a lot more flowing and natural. If you can, try to give each rollercoaster and ride a theme. Such as spooky, child friendly, etc. This will turn them into recognisable landmarks.
Really, the best piece of advise I can give you, is make this place less flat, and a ton more detailed. Look at pictures of real life themeparks, to get an accurate view on what they look like.
Don't take any of this personally, I just like to help people with their maps. And the only way that can be done, is if I criticise it!

-Llama:D.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, but it doesnt look like one:). I take it you are building this, aiming to get it accepted? If so, you NEED to fill in that empty land with something. You honestly need to. I understand that you may think that is what a themepark looks like, but it's not. At all.
Firstly, you're wrong in saying a theme park must be flat, I have never seen a completely flat theme park in my life, and Ive seen many. Ive been to Florida, Orlando what, 9 times? Which is somewhat considered one of the most dense locations to go round exploring themeparks. No themepark is flat and dull, like this. The whole place doesnt have to be smothered in rollercoasters, there are an absolutely vast and expansive amount of options, of which you could fill in the empty spaces with. Try adding more water features, such as a lake, waterfall, fountains. In these areas where the lakes are situated, do 'mini' terraforming. Create a lush garden, that's fun to explore, and creates the impression that the themepark is more expensive, and developed. If you want to see what I mean, search 'Alton Towers gardens' in google images, a perfect example.
If, however, you are aiming for a more cheap, ordinary theme park, more similar to a fairground, then I suggest maybe placing camper vans and tents around the place. And making the rollercoasters look cheap.
Secondly, the rollercoasters don't HAVE to be set out in an ordered fashion, if you dot them around the place, it makes the whole place seem a lot more flowing and natural. If you can, try to give each rollercoaster and ride a theme. Such as spooky, child friendly, etc. This will turn them into recognisable landmarks.
Really, the best piece of advise I can give you, is make this place less flat, and a ton more detailed. Look at pictures of real life themeparks, to get an accurate view on what they look like.
Don't take any of this personally, I just like to help people with their maps. And the only way that can be done, is if I criticise it!

-Llama:D.
This. All that needs to be said.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Your voxeling is pretty obvious too. When you generate land to terraform, you need to go over it by hand and make it less spherical. try using the melt tool to get rid of some of the obvious voxeling you can see in the 3rd image.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your voxeling is pretty obvious too. When you generate land to terraform, you need to go over it by hand and make it less spherical. try using the melt tool to get rid of some of the obvious voxeling you can see in the 3rd image.
Well MultiLego51 did that one, ill tall to him about the voxeling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci