• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy With a Chance of Survival

Would this map be a welcome addition to the MCSG?

• Yeah! Let's DO THIS.

Votes: 269 80.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 66 19.7%

• Total voters

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
oooo! That you for putting me on that list, I feel special.
btw do you like my signature? ;)
I love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a question...I've been debating on ways to put the download link up here so that more people can check this map out up close. I'm not saying that anybody would do this, but I don't want the hard work that was put in to this map to be stolen or even used at all outside of the MCSG servers. And I have seen that many people who upload their maps to these forums do not include a download link because they don't want this to happen. So my question...is this really a problem? Do these maps really get stolen and uploaded on other servers for players to play on, credited or not?

I basically have three choices, from what I can tell.
  1. Upload the map, in it's most perfect form. (plz no stealy?)
  2. Remove the chests from the map and upload it (sort of a watermark, you could say)
  3. Not upload it. ( :( )
If anyone has had any sort of experience with these "issues," per say, then I would very much appreciate a response telling me your opinion. I really do want to upload this map for anyone and everyone, it provides such a more powerful experience than screenshots and videos to be able to actually explore for yourself.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I know that Red Forest has had problems with at least one of their maps being used on a well known server without their permission. With that said, It's your call if you want to put up a download link.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I know that Red Forest has had problems with at least one of their maps being used on a well known server without their permission. With that said, It's your call if you want to put up a download link.
Well...it's not like this build team is anywhere near as good as or as famous as Red Forest, but I just want to know the frequency and level of this occurrence. I think...I may go with option 2 at this point.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Updated trailer! Shows off at least one new area that was incomplete when the first trailer was made, one new clip, and one updated area. A few touch ups, and basically...I'm a perfectionist. So sue me.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
THE DOWNLOAD IS HERE, sorry for the wait. :)

Here it is! (10-3-2013)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7q7esv49kwq46s/cloudy_with_a_chance_of_survival_nochest 1.0.zip

NOTICE: There are no chests in this download. If a member of the MCSG staff would like to see the completed download with all placed chests, just message me, PokeJosh.

PC install:
1. Download and unzip (extract) file
2. Open start menu and type "%appdata%" in the search bar to find your roaming folder
3. Click into the .minecraft folder and then the saves folder
4. Drop the unzipped file into your saves folder

Mac install:
1. Download and unzip file
2. Open finder, click "Go" on the top navigation bar, and click "Go to folder" on the dropdown menu
3. Type "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft" in the bar to go to your minecraft folder
4. Drop the unzipped file into your saves folder located within

If you get a bunch of weird permissions things, I'm not sure exactly how to fix them. But you should still be able to bypass them easily by clicking the affirmative each time. If anyone knows of a fix, I would be happy to hear it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci