• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clan Committee

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hm, hate to say it, but I don't agree with the idea of a clan committee. (Zach the Controversial as usual)

Before you have a go at me, hear me out.

I have been in quite a few clans and passion comes hand in hand with clans. However, passion can cause bad qualities such as ignorance. I feel like a clan committee will only find itself creating arguments. The reason for all of this is simply that there is no direct rules on clans. You can't be punished for not putting up a win, or using a alt in a clan war? Of course a clan can be blacklisted, but that is if a certain clan is causing to many arguments. This is the main reason why there is no moderation on clans and no specific rules.
And, what will the clan committee do? What can they do?
- They can't use punishments, there isn't any rules.
- They can't force people to not use an alt in a clan war, or force someone to put up a loss on a thread, there isn't any rules.
To me it feels like all that this committee would do is ask two people to shake hands and be friends.
Clans are a sensitive issue and there aren't any rules about it.

Sorry, for being controversial as usual, but as someone experienced-ish in clans, I don't think this idea will work.
Sorry if I got anything wrong, I have a thing with stating wrong things.
I respect your opinion, however, I'm slightly concerned that you said, you can't be forced to put a win/loss up. So are you telling me I can turn every loss we have on our roster into a win? Well, if you also say there is no rules in clans, then how come I see moderators getting involved in this clan stuff. There should be rules introduced in clans, just like there is with maps, it would make it much make organised and in force much more peace into clan wars and also the forum section. I'm also not sure what your logic is on it will create more arguments, the clan Committee is there to stop that.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hm, hate to say it, but I don't agree with the idea of a clan committee. (Zach the Controversial as usual)

Before you have a go at me, hear me out.

I have been in quite a few clans and passion comes hand in hand with clans. However, passion can cause bad qualities such as ignorance. I feel like a clan committee will only find itself creating arguments. The reason for all of this is simply that there is no direct rules on clans. You can't be punished for not putting up a win, or using a alt in a clan war? Of course a clan can be blacklisted, but that is if a certain clan is causing to many arguments. This is the main reason why there is no moderation on clans and no specific rules.
And, what will the clan committee do? What can they do?
- They can't use punishments, there isn't any rules.
- They can't force people to not use an alt in a clan war, or force someone to put up a loss on a thread, there isn't any rules.
To me it feels like all that this committee would do is ask two people to shake hands and be friends.
Clans are a sensitive issue and there aren't any rules about it.

Sorry, for being controversial as usual, but as someone experienced-ish in clans, I don't think this idea will work.
Sorry if I got anything wrong, I have a thing with stating wrong things.
Of course I respect your opinion, however this can be solved if we as a community can make rules. We've created a clan battle map list, we have a clan leaderboard, we have unspoken agreements and things, and as a matter of fact, Soul created unofficial rules that are almost official now. I think with a little cleaning up, we can pull this off.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
We just need to make it official, once we can go ahead with the clan comittee idea we can then make rules, this can be easily resolved.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I respect your opinion, however, I'm slightly concerned that you said, you can't be forced to put a win/loss up. So are you telling me I can turn every loss we have on our roster into a win? Well, if you also say there is no rules in clans, then how come I see moderators getting involved in this clan stuff. There should be rules introduced in clans, just like there is with maps, it would make it much make organised and in force much more peace into clan wars and also the forum section. I'm also not sure what your logic is on it will create more arguments, the clan Committee is there to stop that.
Of course I respect your opinion, however this can be solved if we as a community can make rules. We've created a clan battle map list, we have a clan leaderboard, we have unspoken agreements and things, and as a matter of fact, Soul created unofficial rules that are almost official now. I think with a little cleaning up, we can pull this off.
Yes, but what I am saying is this.
There is no OFFICIAL rules on clans.
Also, go here -> http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/
Is there anything about clan rules, for example there is nothing about using alts in CWs? It is allowed. Staff can't stop that.
Looking back, I regret saying "It will cause arguments." What I meant to say is "It will not solve arguments." For the reasons I have already stated, there is no official rules on clans.
If you decide to make official rules, then yes, I would agree with this idea, but it is adding more work to the staff's already busy schedule. They would have to make rules, make sure the community agree with them.
And then we have to find people. Saying this, is it worth all of this to stop a flame war or two? I'm not totally sure on my answer.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
Also, go here -> http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/
Is there anything about clan rules, for example there is nothing about using alts in CWs? It is allowed. Staff can't stop that.
Looking back, I regret saying "It will cause arguments." What I meant to say is "It will not solve arguments." For the reasons I have already stated, there is no official rules on clans.
If you decide to make official rules, then yes, I would agree with this idea, but it is adding more work to the staff's already busy schedule. They would have to make rules, make sure the community agree with them.
And then we have to find people. Saying this, is it worth all of this to stop a flame war or two? I'm not totally sure on my answer.
You're very persuasive ;) I do totally agree with you, but at the same time, staff members are unfortunately drawn in to deal with these arguments ect. And I think making these rules will maybe save the time of the staff more than it will consume.

Hope I made sense there? xD probably didn't

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It would at least be good if we had some people even unofficially watching over the clans.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
It would at least be good if we had some people even unofficially watching over the clans.
You're very persuasive ;) I do totally agree with you, but at the same time, staff members are unfortunately drawn in to deal with these arguments ect. And I think making these rules will maybe save the time of the staff more than it will consume.

Hope I made sense there? xD probably didn't
Panda you made a lot of sense there, mods didn't sign up just the red name, they signed up to help, the people who are picked for this won't feel obligated to taking this roll. It's a decision made by someone who agrees with the idea. Like I said, the reason why I'm proposing this idea is because I wanna make "less" work for the majority of mods and help other clans since I know the struggle. I can go on forever explaining how everything I've said links to each other but I'm not gonna waste your time. I will do whatever I can to get my idea to the furthest it can be, even if that means alters towards the idea.

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like this idea, however, mods would spend way too much time on it. As we might know, mcsg clans are not the frendliest people I know. All im saying is that there was almost not a single clan war where my clan and myself didn't argue with the oposite team. Because of this, moderators would be really busy. People would call a moderators from the clan committee everytime some arguments would break out, so they could resolve the issue. Moderators would spend so much time on this, they wouldn't be able to preform their moderating duties. Eventually, moderators would get sick of dealing with clans, and it would cause alot of stress. Stress can lead to resigning, and we sure do not want any moderators resigning for such a reason.

This is just my opinion.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
I like this idea, however, mods would spend way too much time on it. As we might know, mcsg clans are not the frendliest people I know. All im saying is that there was almost not a single clan war where my clan and myself didn't argue with the oposite team. Because of this, moderators would be really busy. People would call a moderators from the clan committee everytime some arguments would break out, so they could resolve the issue. Moderators would spend so much time on this, they wouldn't be able to preform their moderating duties. Eventually, moderators would get sick of dealing with clans, and it would cause alot of stress. Stress can lead to resigning, and we sure do not want any moderators resigning for such a reason.

This is just my opinion.
I am now starting to agree with this side of the debate, I think there at least should be some official rules about clans and specifically clan wars. And then if we did have mods dealing with the clan comittee they won't be called in as much to deal with incidents, and when they do it would be part of their job to appropiately deal with it.. However I respect your opinion and partially agree with it.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I am now starting to agree with this side of the debate, I think there at least should be some official rules about clans and specifically clan wars. And then if we did have mods dealing with the clan comittee they won't be called in as much to deal with incidents, and when they do it would be part of their job to appropiately deal with it.. However I respect your opinion and partially agree with it.

This is just my opinion.
Agreed. Maybe not a Clan Committee, just some official rules put in hand. I tap dat. Imma arrange a meeting with somebody :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci