• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clan Committee

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Y'all

So this thread is based on an idea that me and thejambd had expressed over the forums and a video of jams. However I felt that I didn't discuss this too much. So hopefully seniors, moderators anyone higher up in authority can take this idea into consideration and promote it in anyway they can.

What is The Clan Committee?

Well, the clan committee is a group of selected individuals that are experienced with moderating and CLANS, they help help clan conflicts.

What do the clan committee do?

They are contacted via skype/teamspeak by clan leaders/co-owners about conflicts and issues that happen with other clans e.g: not putting losses/wins up. They then solve the issues between these clans to stop causing flame such as threatening to ddos (it's happened before) and targeting.

So at this point you may be thinking, well, if this ever happens you can see a moderator privately. So too persuade you from not thinking that here are a few advantages and reasons for introducing this idea.

Advantages and reasons.

• Just like the map committee, it will keep things organised
  • These individuals WILL be trained and knowledgable with both CLANS and MODERATING.
  • It will be a small portion of all rounders e.g Committee Is made up of 3 mods 1 clan owner 2 sr mods (something like that)
  • The team won't be biased, they will be at the same authority so there is no favouritism or exclusion when dealing with implications
Thank you for reading and listening to my views and opinions on this idea!

Try not to create flame, but challenge me to any questions you may have :)

Thank you

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
MCGamerzism with yet another great idea for MCGamer. Would love to see this!

EDIT: I think Alpha would love to see this too

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Hm, hate to say it, but I don't agree with the idea of a clan committee. (Zach the Controversial as usual)

Before you have a go at me, hear me out.

I have been in quite a few clans and passion comes hand in hand with clans. However, passion can cause bad qualities such as ignorance. I feel like a clan committee will only find itself creating arguments. The reason for all of this is simply that there is no direct rules on clans. You can't be punished for not putting up a win, or using a alt in a clan war? Of course a clan can be blacklisted, but that is if a certain clan is causing to many arguments. This is the main reason why there is no moderation on clans and no specific rules.
And, what will the clan committee do? What can they do?
- They can't use punishments, there isn't any rules.
- They can't force people to not use an alt in a clan war, or force someone to put up a loss on a thread, there isn't any rules.
To me it feels like all that this committee would do is ask two people to shake hands and be friends.
Clans are a sensitive issue and there aren't any rules about it.

Sorry, for being controversial as usual, but as someone experienced-ish in clans, I don't think this idea will work.
Sorry if I got anything wrong, I have a thing with stating wrong things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci