• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Civilization V

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
But with Civ V, you can play all the way from the ancient era to the future era! Work your way from warriors and archers to mechanized infantry and stealth bombers! Oh, and nuclear warfare is pretty fun.
That's the only thing I like about CIV 5, its the gameplay I just don't like, with all the tiles and having to wait your turn, this is why I prefer Anno. You get to BUILD your own city from nothing to a huge palace, you can't do that on CIV

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's the only thing I like about CIV 5, its the gameplay I just don't like, with all the tiles and having to wait your turn, this is why I prefer Anno. You get to BUILD your own city from nothing to a huge palace, you can't do that on CIV
There was a Anno game I loved on Nintendo DS, where you started with only a ship, you had to find a island, then settle it while 3 other did the same.
Then you could be defensive, offensive, explore, build like you want.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
There was a Anno game I loved on Nintendo DS, where you started with only a ship, you had to find a island, then settle it while 3 other did the same.
Then you could be defensive, offensive, explore, build like you want.
Its the same on the PC version ;)

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
No, but I saw you and nate play it in his 1,000 k ls. I think that was it anyways :D

JaysWing

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, Civilization V is my favorite strategy game on PC. I'm currently trying to get a Diplomatic victory with the Greeks, which should be easy considering their UA helps them with city-state influence.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
I'm more of a Civ IV guy, but I kinda like some of the new features they added, but they can't tear me away from Civ IV.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
I didn't really like civ 5, I found the controls annoying. I preference things like age of empires

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I'm more of a Civ IV guy, but I kinda like some of the new features they added, but they can't tear me away from Civ IV.
Something I like about Civ V over Civ IV is the fact that you can't just stack your military units into one tile. Now, you have to be a bit more strategic in placing your units. i.e dont want to have you cannon's unprotected.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
Something I like about Civ V over Civ IV is the fact that you can't just stack your military units into one tile. Now, you have to be a bit more strategic in placing your units. i.e dont want to have you cannon's unprotected.
Yeah, but they just dumbed down the economy system too much in Civ V, although I hear they've fixed it with gods and kings, I'll probably pick up the DLC at some point.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I used to play Civ V, I have the base game as well as the g&k expansion, I was crazy about the game until my brother introduced me to this. I played mainly single player with a little multiplayer, but I was unable to solve deity, though I could beat immortal on a fairly regular basis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci