• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chest Update Feedback: Suggestions

Do you like the V3 chests?

• Rubik's Cube (Yes)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jigsaw Puzzle (No)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Dear Developmental Staff,

This chest update is amazing! I really love having the old aspect of Survival back in the Survival Games! I thought I'd make this thread just to let you know a few ideas that I have had, considering the update is being beta tested. Without further procrastination, here they are!

Chest Content:

This aspect of the update is great. I enjoy the tier 1 chests that contain so few supplies. I can actually starve now! Ever since we updated to V2, I missed the actual survival factor. As for the content of the tier 1 chests, I have no discrepancies.

Now as for tier 2 chests, I find these quite uncommon. Taking this into account, I think it would be nice to upgrade the contents of the tier 2 chests ever so slightly. That way, all the people who despise the update can still have a portion of what they want.

Finally, the tier 3 chests. Awesome. Just plain awesome. I love going along my route and randomly finding such fortunate gear. I wouldn't change a thing!

Tiering:
Unfortunately, I believe this part of the update needs the most work. I've noticed that a lot of maps have been re-tiered to have much fewer tier 2 chests. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does get sort of annoying to have your chest route completely ruined by a constant flow if tier 1 chests.

My opinion would be to keep the tiering of the maps consistent. As in keeping the tier settings that are used currently in effect. While the content changes, it still is beneficial to have a chest route to rely on.

Chest Quantity:
I'm not quite sure what the goal with this was, but I've noticed a severe lack of chests on Breeze Island. In total, I've seen 2 chests outside of the cornucopia. I understand that Breeze has quite a large amount of chests, but it doesn't seem possible to survive in any sort of way with so few chests. It's true that I would like some chests removed from Breeze Island, but that's a bit extreme.

Final Thoughts:
Awesome! Just plain awesome! This update brings back the memories of V1, and it's great to have the Survival feeling back. The only major suggestion that I would have to offer would be to either slightly downgrade tier 3's so that getting one doesn't automatically mean that you win. Either that, or upgrade both tier 1's and tier 2's to make it slightly less OP to find a lucky chest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci