• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chest Location Map - Yes or No?

Should I release chest location maps for each map?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I don't mind/I have no opinion

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of making a map of the location of all of the chests on each map. Some people will probably have a range of opinions on this, varying from, "Ooh, that's awesome," or, "Ooh, that's a great idea," all the way to, "Pffft, that's just ridiculous."

Now, I'm more than happy to release the maps so that everyone can see them - the question is, should I? That's the purpose of this topic; to decide if people are against lots of people having something like this. I see two types of response to this: the not-so-good players, who want something like this badly to give them a chance, and the good players, who worry that the bad players will be in with a fighting chance if they have the map (no pun intended).

Also, to those of you who might say, "But why don't you just memorise the chests? It's not that hard": do YOU know off-by-heart the 100+ chest locations on map 1?

So, over to you: would you like to see the chest location maps released, or do you think they should be kept private?

Edit / Additional Information: bear in mine that the map wouldn't contain any information about the chests. While it would pinpoint each chest exactly on the map, a lot of them are underground and in hard to find/reach places, which would mean people would still have to find out how to get to them.

FINAL UPDATE: I will not be releasing any location maps. Thank you everybody for your input, and may the odds be ever in your favour~

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of making a map of the location of all of the chests on each map. Some people will probably have a range of opinions on this, varying from, "Ooh, that's awesome," or, "Ooh, that's a great idea," all the way to, "Pffft, that's just ridiculous."

Now, I'm more than happy to release the maps so that everyone can see them - the question is, should I? That's the purpose of this topic; to decide if people are against lots of people having something like this. I see two types of response to this: the not-so-good players, who want something like this badly to give them a chance, and the good players, who worry that the bad players will be in with a fighting chance if they have the map (no pun intended).

Also, to those of you who might say, "But why don't you just memorise the chests? It's not that hard": do YOU know off-by-heart the 100+ chest locations on map 1?

So, over to you: would you like to see the chest location maps released, or do you think they should be kept private?
i say keep it private as many people spend times learning chest routes and their effort should be payed off. However I would maybe like to see a list of all the T1 chests posted out so that newer players can at least get some basic supplies so they have at least a way to defend themselves.
So my answer is this
Release a map with just T1 chests shown

exonwarrior

Spectator
Reaction score
Having been a noob on all the maps 'cept Survival Games 2, I would be against releasing such a map, as I had to play a lot and die a lot to learn the best way to play maps. However, as kezzer1995 said before, a map of chests with basic necessities might not be such a bad idea.
That's my two cents.

Reaction score
No. I put work into my routes and having people see this woud further the gap between me on the top 12

THatShadowGuy

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes. Of course people will feel frustrated about their hours of work going to waste, but the whole point of this (sub-)forum is that people discuss and exchange information to help each other get better at the game.

Cab839

Spectator
Reaction score
I think you should. I mean, they won't be able to use all of those chests anyway. They'll just have to squeeze it down to a dozen or so chests in a route and their back up plans, which they would get eventually. Plus I think we could all learn of a chest or two to incoorporate into our routes. I say yes

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've created myself two graphical maps with locations of tier 1 and tier 2 chests for map 2 and 3, I was going to release them but I thought it would be more fair if people learned and studied the maps themselves.

:)

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
i could show you a map of all the chests on breeze if you want ;)
Hmm, I wonder why you might have that :rolleyes:

Update: After taking into account everything everyone has said, I have decided to not release any maps. And actually, having chest-runs derived from memory is actually quite fun, more fun than looking at a map. Thank you everyone for your input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci