• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/chat off command

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be entirely honest, this is pretty useful, however there are settings towards making your personal chat invisible somewhere in the settings of your game. Maybe that could help out, otherwise this could help out for those who are willing to only talk with others. :3

Reaction score
To be entirely honest, this is pretty useful, however there are settings towards making your personal chat invisible somewhere in the settings of your game. Maybe that could help out, otherwise this could help out for those who are willing to only talk with others. :3
Like I said in the thread, this is so that you receive chat only from staff members, and no one else. With the new MC Gamer V2 update, you can have friends and such. Maybe it could be only staff and the people you set as your friend?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like I said in the thread, this is so that you receive chat only from staff members, and no one else. With the new MC Gamer V2 update, you can have friends and such. Maybe it could be only staff and the people you set as your friend?
Actually, that's true! A friend system is also being added in the next update if I am correct. This idea sure is going to be useful! :D

Reaction score
You do realize that you can turn all chat off in regular vanilla Minecraft by going into multiplayer settings then making it so that the button "Chat" says Chat:Hidden

Andrew_LS

Tribute
Reaction score
Mineplex has a prefs system and there is player chat and like chat filter I think something like that could be cool.

Michal05710k

Survivor
Reaction score
This when thought about is quite a good idea..
Maybe if in the hub or lobbies you'll have a watch etc that allows you to turn off and on chat like they've done with players-
Players off and players on

I don't see anything wrong with the idea except for the fact that you could be trying to say something to someone and they have they're chat off, then it could lead to you spamming or other problems :/
But apart from that I don't see anything wrong with it :)

:D

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score
Hey people! This thread/suggestion sort of came to me when I was responding to ElectrixMC 's thread about not seeing player chat. Found here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/turning-off-player-chat-only.147588/

The idea: A command that allows you to block all messages sent by other players(except the ones sent by the staff members.), and the alert/messages sent by the server (Map voting, deathmatch countdown, announcements, etc.)

Pros: It's simple, nothing much too it but a lot of people might like it. Youtubers might not want to see their name constantly spammed, and other players might not want to read what other people have to say or constant spamming. This can be helpful, especially for the younger players on MCSG. Let's face it, tons of player spam inappropriate messages in the chat, and even if a moderator ends up banning a player, the little kid has already read the message. There could possibly be a "announcement" every few minutes or so that would recommend that players younger the age of 13 to use /chat off, so they won't receive any chat messages but the ones that staff send. Well Imaboss, there is a disable chat in multi-player settings! Why use this? Well the answer is simple: You won't get the announcements sent by the server saying DM is starting, you won't be able to vote for any maps, and you won't see the staff's chat messages. If you can't see the staff's chat messages, you might mess your self up without knowing about it. If your block glitching, and you don't know it's wrong, a staff member will send you a warning. If your chat is off, you won't get that message. So you might continue, not knowing the staff has sent you a warning. This will cause the staff to think you are ignoring them, when in reality, your chat is off, which will eventually result in a punishment.[it depends which rule the player broke]

What are the cons? Nothing to be honest! If you want to use it you can, if you don't want to you don't have to :) This will give players an option, and it could be really useful in a few situations as stated in the "Pros" This might be just me, but I really can't think of a negative.

What do you guys think? Any feedback on this idea is appreciated!

I am an AU player and many of the players are very hostile to each other so this command would be very useful on our servers.

But this is a setting on minecraft which allows players to turn chat off. But it does block moderators so u are unable to know if you are being spoken/warned. So if this command was implemented it would be good if you could make it so that you can see moderators

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci