• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chad, SG6 could be a problem.

Should SG6 be on these servers

• Yes

Votes: 79 64.8%
  • No (give a reason)

Votes: 43 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Copied from Vareide's post on The Hive:

With our Survival Games on The Hive. We aim to have only exclusive or semi exclusive maps.

We welcome map submissions from the community and we will easily add them in to our servers if the maps are good. But, the map can not be downloable anywhere else (for example PlanetMinecraft or Minecraft Forums). It can also not be submitted to any other server.

Did The Hive put Steamshire Island or their Revamped Maps up for download? No, so SG6 won't either
You do realise he was talking about community maps and not his maps.....

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
The only reason SG6 is being made is because of The Hive - so no, Vareide is in charge of map releases, Vareide is part owner of The Hive, so nooope.
False, TV was going to make a version for mcsg, but since this whole hive situation happened, he said he was no longer going to get a special version of SG6.

Invictus

Tribute
Reaction score
I didn't say that they will uploading the exact same map. I clearly understand the word exclusive. But I know for sure that they will be upload the map slightly different, just like they did for SG 1 - 5.
MCSG also got "exclusive" maps from them in that corn and such were removed. Take for example SG2, in the public download there is that big huge corn building, now if you were to go on our or hive's server you wouldn't find that, because it's a different version of the map. Understand me now? Good.

If TV decides not to upload a public version of the map, the fan base will no doubt bug them to release the map, which they will do.
the thing about that is that they created the maps that they want to use, so they technically have the rights to take it back if they want. Actually they could just take them off of these servers if they wanted to I think?

Reaction score
I'm sorry "Mr. I know it all", but they will upload SG6 on PMC. They have a big fan base, they wouldn't be wanting to disappoint them and not releasing the map. Besides, youtubers play TV's maps, but not exclusive maps, but the maps for the public. And even though players could play SG1-5, he still made a public download for them. I could give you plenty of reasons on why they would upload SG6.

Return to your hive bee, this hive doesn't need you.
I have not heard anything about this that you/or other hasn't, but it is obivious that after Vareide‘s and Chad‘s discussion, Vareide now has an oppurtunity he might take, and in my eyes, I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. I mean, he is the owner of TeamVareide, and the orginal maker of the Survival Games. If he made a map and exclusively added it ONLY to TheHive, LOTS of players would go there to play it, and he could also do alot of extra commercial stuff to increase the player base. He could invite youtubers (we have seen people like CaptainSparklez playing all the survival games maps, and I think this would give Vareide an oppurtunity to make them come to TheHive for a SG6 match) to a match of SG6, add commercial stuff to his channel to get his subs over to the hive and try to make SG lovers go to the Hive generally to play the new map. He could also release it as something that is "not officially a SG (#), and then not adding a download link to PMC.

And when it comes to other builders, many is leaving MCSG for TheHive, and Biffington said something about they being much more supportive to maps and builders than MCSG, as his map wasn't noticed after months after it was released on MCSG and therefore he will release it over there. There has been rumours about the Teweran team going to the Hive and make maps for them, which is also a sad thing for this community. Teweran was in my and many others opinion the best build team (NOTE: Not necessarily at building SG maps, but building in general) we have seen, and their maps has been both beautiful and amazing.

I tried to make this as much as a "in my perspective" post instead of a rant thingy. I hope I succeeded.

EDIT: Reading a bit more of the most recent posts the case was much more clear for me, and I am sorry if I failed a bit when writing this. I'll still keep it here, because I have seen nothing proved...

EDIT2: I just found this. It is now proved that SG6 will only be on TheHive, as it was stated by Vareide himself.
Vareide about SG6.jpg

Reaction score
Does he mean the crates from Hive SG? I can't think of what special features Hive SG actually has that we don't. Anyone care to fill me in?
I think that is something that will be added / has been added but not yet shown which will be used in the map. I wouldn't be surprised if they added randomized testificate trades or something like that, but I am not sure.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
SG6 will have plug in based traps and contractions that will only be functionable on The Hive plug in. I have really high expectations on this map and I want to see what TV can do with plugin based contractions.

ugle99

Experienced
Reaction score
But TV have made a map that is only on The Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member