• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Capture the pumpkin! (New game mode)

Would you like to see this mode implemented on one of the servers?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris giles

Tribute
Reaction score
I've thought of an idea for a game based on capture the flag, however its 24man vs!
The idea is there will be a time limit and 1 pumpkin somewhere on the map, players then have to search for the pumpkin, if you find it and pick it up it becomes auto equipped so other players can see you have it, The winner is who ever has the pumpkin at the end of the time limit.
Unlike the normal survival games once you die you re spawn again back in the centre and are instantly back in the game.
Time limit should be around 30 minutes, This game mode would make players more active in searching for the player with the pumpkin and there wouldn't really be any camping so it would keep the game interesting for that amount of time!
Also just like the regular version of the survival games anyone can kill anyone regardless of whether they have the pumpkin or not, just makes it more fun! :)
Anyway that's my idea so what do you think?

theuoftexas7

Spectator
Reaction score
No offense, but this is the survival games, that game mode has nothing to do with the survival games so i highly doubt it will be implemented. (in fact i hope its not for the sake of this survival games community) I suggest you go and ask a more suitable community, like a capture the flag community, if you really want your idea implemented.

I dont think the idea is a bad idea, i just think it shouldn't be brought here.

Kris giles

Tribute
Reaction score
No offense, but this is the survival games, that game mode has nothing to do with the survival games so i highly doubt it will be implemented. (in fact i hope its not for the sake of this survival games community) I suggest you go and ask a more suitable community, like a capture the flag community, if you really want your idea implemented.

I dont think the idea is a bad idea, i just think it shouldn't be brought here.
Well thanks for your opinion, however I don't agree with anything you said. It technically is a survival game for a start, the idea is to find the pumpkin and survive with it! Also having this game mode implemented would not effect the community in any way especially if it was only on a small amount of the servers depending on how popular it was. Personally I think this is the perfect place for my idea as it could use the same maps, the same 24 man cornucopia and the same chests!

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
Firstly, I'm not against your plan but I don't like where you want it implemented. I agree with theuoftexas7 partly, this community is based on the Hunger Games books (and to a lesser extent the movie) and i'm not sure if a CTF mode would be favourable. Yeah, some people might enjoy the fact that you can respawn but why does it have to be taking up valuable playing space on these servers? What would be so wrong with uploading the map to one of the the many CTF servers out there? You'd still have the Survival Games theme...
It might still be popular but i just feel that the community should try to remain as focused on the theme of the books as possible.
Also, under what circumstances would there be no camping? all you have to do is kill everyone in range of the pumpkin and you're free to go and hide...

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like they said, its a good idea, but not for this server

Kris giles

Tribute
Reaction score
Can I just point out to all you people saying 'its not for this server', At the moment this server is very popular, the films just come out and everyone is talking about it, loads of Youtube celebs have posted videos about it and advertised it so sure right now most of the servers are full, However its inevitable that the number of players over time will begin to decrease as new things come out, the only way to prevent this is to keep adding new maps, content and modes! So far everyone who has posted seems to be (No offence!) book nerds who want to keep everything exactly to the books, but if you want these servers to last then supporting things you don't necessarily like isn't a bad idea as if something like this did get implemented it doesn't mean you have to play them! I absolutely believe that this belongs in this forum and not a capture the flag forum because this idea is closer to this than standard capture the flag!
The other problem is the people who like this idea are just going to read it and click like as there isn't really much else to say, so i know the only people who are going to post are people who have a problem with this, however so far the 'Yes' option is winning so far.
I would love to hear some of the opinions from some of the people who click 'Yes'.

Edit: One other note to mention is I love the current mode and i will continue to play it weather or not they add new modes, But adding a couple of servers is not going to use 'valuable space', if anything it will boost the popularity of the current servers!

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
This server is the Survival Games and only that.

Can I just point out to all you people saying 'its not for this server', At the moment this server is very popular, the films just come out and everyone is talking about it, loads of Youtube celebs have posted videos about it and advertised it so sure right now most of the servers are full, However its inevitable that the number of players over time will begin to decrease as new things come out, the only way to prevent this is to keep adding new maps, content and modes! So far everyone who has posted seems to be (No offence!) book nerds who want to keep everything exactly to the books, but if you want these servers to last then supporting things you don't necessarily like isn't a bad idea as if something like this did get implemented it doesn't mean you have to play them! I absolutely believe that this belongs in this forum and not a capture the flag forum because this idea is closer to this than standard capture the flag!
The other problem is the people who like this idea are just going to read it and click like as there isn't really much else to say, so i know the only people who are going to post are people who have a problem with this, however so far the 'Yes' option is winning so far.
I would love to hear some of the opinions from some of the people who click 'Yes'.

Edit: One other note to mention is I love the current mode and i will continue to play it weather or not they add new modes, But adding a couple of servers is not going to use 'valuable space', if anything it will boost the popularity of the current servers!
But as Kris said, if your meaning on another server, then it would be great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci