• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Calan's HG 1 (Built Up Survival Games/Hunger Games Map - For Minecraft)

Gokarting54

Spectator
Reaction score
I am currently creating a built up map which has an original spawn design, 75-100 block high buildings, and a city-scape concept near spawn, and a country-scape concept further out. The map is concealed in a 300 block wide dome. The map is currently about 30-40% complete. I have a few screenshots of the map. Anyone Interested?
2013-07-06_10.49.26_2.png
2013-07-06_10.44.57.png
2013-07-06_10.45.08.png
2013-07-06_10.45.20.png
2013-07-06_10.45.53.png
2013-07-06_10.46.14.png
2013-07-06_10.46.29.png
2013-07-06_10.47.56.png
2013-07-06_10.48.14.png
2013-07-06_10.49.26_2.png

Reaction score
I hope you don't plan on keeping that default terrain. Other than that, it looks like it's coming along rather nicely! :)

Gokarting54

Spectator
Reaction score
I hope you don't plan on keeping that default terrain. Other than that, it looks like it's coming along rather nicely! :)
Thanks, and yes I am considering changing the terrain. I was thinking either snow or a nether based theme. If you have any ideas feel free to tell me!

BaconUnicorn

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it's really nice! Im working one aswell... The thread will be posted shortly! GL hope they except your map! ;D

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not my favourite map, I'm not gonna lie. Corn is bleh, terrain is default o_O, and the buildings can do with some work. But keep working on it and I hope it turns out great :D

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Corn is bland, Buildings are bland, Default terrain?!?! No No Nooo. This map will never be put into MCSG with that corn, Whoever gets a stone sword at start will kill EVERYONE trying to get out change that corn Now!!!!!!!

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Corn is bland, Buildings are bland, Default terrain?!?! No No Nooo. This map will never be put into MCSG with that corn, Whoever gets a stone sword at start will kill EVERYONE trying to get out change that corn Now!!!!!!!
Constructive criticism, not just putting him down. If you are going to criticize his work, at least give some encouragemnt or tips on how to make it better.

BaconUnicorn

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey..... Your that one guy that was hating on my thread... But i dont blame you mine sucked, im starting over!

MeGa_Mushroom

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, Corn is just a small hole, there isn't much shape to it, And the same can be said for the buildings.
They are just huge rectangles... No one wants that, it's plain and horrible to look at.
If you start again use a flat world and use world edit or voxel sniper for the terrain, and for corn try to make a building that's easy to get out of, if someone gets a sword, everyone that went in there is dead.
For the building don't just keep them flat sided, look at pictures of real building and look a lot at the exterior like the shapes and depth of the walls.
Hope this criticism help you. I do see potential.

Gokarting54

Spectator
Reaction score
Well, Corn is just a small hole, there isn't much shape to it, And the same can be said for the buildings.
They are just huge rectangles... No one wants that, it's plain and horrible to look at.
If you start again use a flat world and use world edit or voxel sniper for the terrain, and for corn try to make a building that's easy to get out of, if someone gets a sword, everyone that went in there is dead.
For the building don't just keep them flat sided, look at pictures of real building and look a lot at the exterior like the shapes and depth of the walls.
Hope this criticism help you. I do see potential.
Thanks for your help! :). I have considered changing the map and buildings. I have a new idea for the spawn layout and the buildings. As for the terrain a quarter of it will be nether theme, quarter will be end theme, quarter will be snow theme, and quarter will be original theme. Also to anyone else that reads this, I would like to thank them for they're help as well. It has given me a lot of ideas of how to make the map better! :). I will be uploading new screen shots soon. ( my server got griefed including this map, meaning that it will be slightly delayed )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci