• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Boosting needs to be punished more severely.

E

Ephiza

1: Punishable
2:will never be punishable
3: should be punishable since there is a tactic: team with a hacker and have him /kill. After lets say 20 games the hacker will inevitably get banned, at that point he just buys an alt, probably of one of those dodgy alt websites, and the cycle continues. It needs to be made punishable to boost with a hacker.
4: Punishable, HOWEVER: Barely anyone ever reports people for doing this as most people don't know it's possible / don't see the signs of when it happens. Also, it's a glitch/exploit which could be fixed my the devs somehow.
Actually chad said that the staff team is working on getting Boosting against the rules :)

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
As much as I think boosting is idiotic, I don't really think there is a proper way to punish it.

Doing any / all of the below is not against the rules:
- Teaming
- Letting a friend win

So therefore it would be fairly unjustifiable to punish it, I mean all jefeperro ever did was team and then instantly betray his teammate and yet everybody seems to like him here. In this situation it's simply something that would do more harm to good that bad, and isn't justifiable at least in my eyes.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As much as I think boosting is idiotic, I don't really think there is a proper way to punish it.

- Teaming
- Letting a friend win

So therefore it would be fairly unjustifiable to punish it, I mean all jefeperro ever did was team and then instantly betray his teammate and yet everybody seems to like him here. In this situation it's simply something that would do more harm to good that bad, and isn't justifiable at least in my eyes.
There's a huge difference between letting a friend win, which I've done a few times, and systematically making the game unfair for others to get someone a huge number of wins/get a good ratio. Anyway the main point of the thread is to make boosting by teaming with hackers bannable, and preventing people from playing in empty lobbies.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Not bannable, if people want to /kill and allow a teammate to win, they can.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not bannable, if people want to /kill and allow a teammate to win, they can.
*Sigh* Sorry if this is directly aggressive to you but how many people are going to make posts like this without actually reading the thread?

2. Getting in a massive team and having your teammates /kill at the end of the game to get you a cheap win.

2: This, unfortunately, can never be made bannable since teaming will always be allowed.
The thread is about boosting with hackers and playing in empty servers.

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
Larryduhlobster boosts basically all his wins.
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/game/view/7724991
How the hell did he survive 2 minutes after the last guy. Someone clearly did /kill
Another example of someone doing /kill:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/game/view/7431495

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/game/view/7431027

A majority of his games played he teams with same guy.
Did you not know that he's a moderator on Roxbot?!
Why would he boost when he's got the skill to defeat other player plus being a mod on another server and doing something like this is not possible.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score

- Teaming
- Letting a friend win

So Boosting and teaming are not the same thing at all.
There is nothing wrong with teaming. In beta, and when it was strictly sg1/2 everyone teamed with the person from their district.... I started the whole backstabbing thing... sorry.
Anyways I stopped playing competitively because 99/100 players boosted their wins.... They log into servers with a few clan mates everyone types /kill or /suicide as soon as the game starts and they can rack up a few hundred wins a day.... it sucks

Massacr3D

Diamond
Reaction score
Just look at Bluahwi's stats and look at this video:
this is not my video. He have team with super sprint hacker. Its so sad ;f

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci