• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Booster-Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I dont completely agree with the boosting rule because it cannot be 100% proven.
Lets just say for example I choose to play some mcsg with my younger brother. We play for hours and we make it to deathmatch almost every time and we do a 1 vs 1 when we wre the last 2 players. I am better than my younger brother and we usually try to fight with the same items. If I win many times while playing and every game I play that day is with him would that be considered boosting even though he didnt do /kill. It would show up as me playing a ton of games with him and me winning many times. I dont think there is an accurate way of checking for boosting because something that looks like boosting may no be. Sometimes I have a really bad loosing streak then a come back with winning many games in a row while teaming with my brother because sometimes the communication between us is great. My brother never lets me win or kills himself but I am better than him. This is just one example of something looking like boosting when it is not. People might boost and it is not a good thing but there is no possible way to prove it. Lets just say I play with a friend and he keeps doing /kill and I dont want him to does that mean I get punished or the person doing /kill.
I understand where you're coming from, and I do think that a situation like that is all too easy to mistake for boosting. I've played with some of my IRL friends who aren't exactly stellar at the game, and I killed them 9/10 times.
That's where this part comes into play:
Also, concerning the playing with bad friends part - If the "/boost game watch [playername]" tracked the remaining health of the two players, then if the last person standing had, say, 3 hearts left, then the system could conclude that they actually did fight. In addition, it could track when the third and second player died, to see if the people had time to regen, escape, etc.
I, for example, often ended the game with 3 to 5 hearts. I was rarely, if ever, at 7+ hearts.
If the /boost game watch [playername] command were to be activated on them, it would log their health at the time of victory, the health of the other teammate in DM at the time which they killed the 3rd player, and also how long between the deaths of the 3rd and 2nd player. For further information, the armor level,contents of inventory, and Method of Death can also be saved for reference.
Also, refer to (B) below.

--GOSH DARNIT THE WEBSITE SHUT DOWN AGAIN.--

From this information, it can be deduced whether or not the players had an actual fight, or if they had one of the two members execute themselves.

In addition, keep in mind that it would only be evidence for their ban, but the ban would not be issued without human verification. Machines make false positives, that's no secret. A Moderator would have to confirm that the person was boosting, but the information provided by the system would:
A) Tell them if there was no boosting indicated at all, AKA a "False Report".
B) Indicate who the person is suspected of boosting with. If the booster had an unusually high kill-count each game and the boostee had a low kill count, it can be deduced that the person who was boosting was a potential hacker (or extremely skilled player, but that's for the Mod to decide.)

woooah im getting distracted.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, and I do think that a situation like that is all too easy to mistake for boosting. I've played with some of my IRL friends who aren't exactly stellar at the game, and I killed them 9/10 times.
That's where this part comes into play:

I, for example, often ended the game with 3 to 5 hearts. I was rarely, if ever, at 7+ hearts.
If the /boost game watch [playername] command were to be activated on them, it would log their health at the time of victory, the health of the other teammate in DM at the time which they killed the 3rd player, and also how long between the deaths of the 3rd and 2nd player. For further information, the armor level,contents of inventory, and Method of Death can also be saved for reference.
Also, refer to (B) below.

--GOSH DARNIT THE WEBSITE SHUT DOWN AGAIN.--

From this information, it can be deduced whether or not the players had an actual fight, or if they had one of the two members execute themselves.

In addition, keep in mind that it would only be evidence for their ban, but the ban would not be issued without human verification. Machines make false positives, that's no secret. A Moderator would have to confirm that the person was boosting, but the information provided by the system would:
A) Tell them if there was no boosting indicated at all, AKA a "False Report".
B) Indicate who the person is suspected of boosting with. If the booster had an unusually high kill-count each game and the boostee had a low kill count, it can be deduced that the person who was boosting was a potential hacker (or extremely skilled player, but that's for the Mod to decide.)

woooah im getting distracted.
My question is how would a mod or anyone get enough proof that the player is boosting. My point is that in the end there is NO WAY to prove a player is boosting even though you may have a million reasons to suspect it.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
My question is how would a mod or anyone get enough proof that the player is boosting. My point is that in the end there is NO WAY to prove a player is boosting even though you may have a million reasons to suspect it.
- If a Mod finds which server they are in (they have a command for that) and witnesses one teammate killing himself to give the victory over to the other player. That is considered boosting.
- If it is logged that the teammate did /kill to give the other person the win, multiple times in a row. That is considered boosting, as stated above.
- If the system logs that the person won with 8-10 hearts multiple times in a row, it can be assumed that the 2nd person /killed themselves.
- If they are a Chat-Team and they type something like "ok /kill now." "ok" *player X dies*

???
I don't get what you're missing, unless it's me that is thoroughly confused. >.>

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
- If a Mod finds which server they are in (they have a command for that) and witnesses one teammate killing himself to give the victory over to the other player. That is considered boosting.
- If it is logged that the teammate did /kill to give the other person the win, multiple times in a row. That is considered boosting, as stated above.
- If the system logs that the person won with 8-10 hearts multiple times in a row, it can be assumed that the 2nd person /killed themselves.
- If they are a Chat-Team and they type something like "ok /kill now." "ok" *player X dies*

???
I don't get what you're missing, unless it's me that is thoroughly confused. >.>
What if they just log off or just stand there while the other player kills them.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
What if they just log off or just stand there while the other player kills them.
Refer to below:
I said "8-10" hearts because sometimes the person winning might not be at full HP from their fight with the 3rd person in DM.

>.>
Are you THIS much against the system? xD It's fine if you don't like it, but the Pros quite outweigh the Cons, in my opinion.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Refer to below:

I said "8-10" hearts because sometimes the person winning might not be at full HP from their fight with the 3rd person in DM.

>.>
Are you THIS much against the system? xD It's fine if you don't like it, but the Pros quite outweigh the Cons, in my opinion.
I am not against the system I am just trying to think of ways the system could fail or make innocent people look guilty. I want the system to work and I want it to catch boosters but in order for a system to be installed it should be a close to 100% fool proof as possible and I am simply thinking of ways to fix its problems.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not sure if this is even possible but its a great idea!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Not sure if this is even possible but its a great idea!
It would involve quite a bit of coding and database integration, but then again.. what are the Devs paid for? :p It'd be putting their skills to waste if they didn't improve MCSG to the full extent of their abilities.

Thirty years ago, something like the iPhone would be considered a technological wonder. Nowadays, it's something that thousands of people have dropped and broken by accident, and bought another one.
I'm sure something of this degree can be coded and created. :)

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Refer to below:

>.>
Please do not be offended moo. You will always be a forum god. I love 99.9999999% of your posts.

Aldo1497

Diamond
Reaction score
I know it is jsut a thought but yo, sounds like a great idea. But I think a mod will be needed anyways to collect evidence.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would involve quite a bit of coding and database integration, but then again.. what are the Devs paid for? :p It'd be putting their skills to waste if they didn't improve MCSG to the full extent of their abilities.

Thirty years ago, something like the iPhone would be considered a technological wonder. Nowadays, it's something that thousands of people have dropped and broken by accident, and bought another one.
I'm sure something of this degree can be coded and created. :)
Very true, i think this would be an awesome thing to get added, as right now it is very hard to get evidence of someone boosting. (i still fanboy a little bit every time you acknowledge my existence :p)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Please do not be offended moo. You will always be a forum god. I love 99.9999999% of your posts.
On the contrary, I appreciate that you're trying to make sure that the system is as perfect as it can be. I'm not mad, don't worry <3 if you have any more concerns about the system, however, please son hesitate to mention them so they can be addressed :) (tomorrow, because I have to go to bed >_>)
Very true, i think this would be an awesome thing to get added, as right now it is very hard to get evidence of someone boosting. (i still fanboy a little bit every time you acknowledge my existence :p)
;0 I COMPLETELY KNOW THAT FEEL. Before I was a forumer, whenever RC_4777 or HalfSquirrel quoted me or anything I would flip out and be happy for like an hour straight.
<3 ily Arga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci