• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/block Command

/block - A good idea or no?

• Very good idea!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • I'd rather block you for creating this thread.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I can't read

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have gotten some creative juices flowing, so I thought I could perhaps come up with another feature suggestion for MCSG! (This is like, my 10th this month. :p).

So what I came to show to you guys today is a command I think would be really helpful for the normal users to use:

/block <PlayerName>

/unblock <PlayerName>

Now what this command does is that if you were block someone with this command, messages that this player sent to the chat would be blocked in your point of view, as if they never said anything, while everybody else that hasn't blocked that player can see what he typed.

The reason I like this idea is because if a normal player were to be harassed, they could just simply block them and let the moderators take care of it. This way, the victims don't need to worry about being harassed, which will be taken as a punishment. Obviously moderators wouldn't be using this as they need to moderate the chat for this kind of material. Simple as that.

So tell me your opinions. I think I would like to see this. It would be a cool feature that would make the community feel better without that one person who just hates everyone. Tell me what you think!

-Spice

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
There should also be a command to not join games with certain people. So say if Blamph remebers the name of one. guy who ALWAYS fists him off spawn, he can use it.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
There should also be a command to not join games with certain people. So say if Blamph remebers the name of one. guy who ALWAYS fists him off spawn, he can use it.
So, you're saying that if that player joins the game with Blamph it'll auto-kick him or something? Your logic is flawed. :3

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
So, you're saying that if that player joins the game with Blamph it'll auto-kick him or something? Your logic is flawed. :3
No, it will give blamph a client side message in bright colors saying he joined. Your logic is flawed.

csy393

Survivor
Reaction score
People could easily take advantage of that. Maybe only Mods or higher could have access to that command?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci