• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Blazing Dunes | A Survival Games Map by Team Blaze

Why aren't you voting for this map?

• yes

• no

• wat

• cheese?

• I'd Love too!

• This isn't supposed to be a conversation

• I do what I want

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedTieCreeper

Spectator
Reaction score

Welcome to another amazing creation from the inspiring minds of Team Blaze, our newest survival games map: Blazing Dunes. Originally based on the ancient Egyptian/Arabian Desert Utopian society dated back to about 330 A.D., this map has entertaining builds, all while achieving the main goal of being centered around pvp. Featuring large pyramids, Egyptian streets, ruins and temples, our brand color orange stained glass dome, and even a castle or two, Blazing Dunes is a perfect fit for the mcsg servers.​

Comrades of Team Blaze:

Leader/Organizer: Dragonwizard37

Head Architect/Lead Builder: RedTieCreeper

Assistant: Labontemagic

Lead Redstone: Brainiac364

Technical Support: PGDX

Video Production Team: RedTieCreeper & Emboar13

Lead Derp: blaaaaaaaazefirrrrrerrrrr (blazefirer)

Game type: Survival Games

Map radius: 200 block radius
Coordinates of Peas, jk Corn: x: 0, y: 65, z: 0
Coordinates of Deathmatch: x: 62, y: 84, z: 485

Map Trailer:

Screenshots:

Picture This:

The year was 330 A.D. The burning sands were blistered from the fiery sun above. Some of the Ancient Egyptians have branched from their Pharaohs to start a new civilization, North of the Great Pyramids. This new land was covered with the fiercest, hottest sands in the Sahara Desert, partially conquered by the dangerous and cunning Arabians, and separately, by a brutal Romanian outpost. These fiery sands are blazed with danger, riddled with thieves, and dominated with deadly beasts. It’s up to you to battle your way through these deserted wastelands and become the master of Blazing Dunes.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?st0o9sqj203rttd

We, DragonWizard37, RedTieCreeper, and Labontemagic of Team Blaze agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Our Bear Banner: http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation...w2c6nISh0O5KWlXAPmavUR&file=output_XOQ6j0.gif

Last edited:

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I would suggest to put a lot more detail in your builds before this gets accepted:)

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Some of the builds seem to lack detail, and the ground seems too flat.

emboar13

Spectator
Reaction score
Map looks great! Imo that's about as much as you can put into a map that size. It is very unique and I think it has great potential!

DragonWizard373737

Spectator
Reaction score
I'll address the issues listed so far. This map does have some flat areas, yes, but we did this on purpose. These flat areas are good for straight-up PvP. Plus, these flat areas are covered with builds, so they won't feel empty at all when playing. There are lots of hills as well, so players better at PvP'ing with terrain variations will be able to strategically fight there. There are also a lot of other maps that have large stretches of flat land, such as SG4 and Valleyside. I'm also aware of the lack of detail in some builds. This map was started at least a year ago, and the older builds may not possess as much detail as some will like. However, I don't think the lack of detail is a big issue. We have put a lot of effort into making this a great SG map. Sure, not all the builds are great, but builds alone aren't the most important part of an SG map. This map is built especially to give players an exciting and fun PvP experience. If you look closely at Blazing Dunes, I hope you'll be able to see it's abundance of creativity and the depth of the fun little secrets you can find. What I'm trying to say is that while some builds may not be incredibly detailed, we put a lot of effort into making them fit into the map so that we can provide a fun and innovative Survival Games experience.

Thanks,
DragonWizard37 (Leader/Organizer of Team Blaze)

L8Nick

Tribute
Reaction score
I'd love to play this map. and most of everything looks great.
The problem with this map is that some of the builds, specifically the town look really boxy and unnatural.
Other than that, I love the idea and the layout of the map/
Great job :)

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
Great map, but IMO no desert map could ever compare to Eye of Horus. Good luck though!

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
I'll address the issues listed so far. This map does have some flat areas, yes, but we did this on purpose. These flat areas are good for straight-up PvP. Plus, these flat areas are covered with builds, so they won't feel empty at all when playing. There are lots of hills as well, so players better at PvP'ing with terrain variations will be able to strategically fight there. There are also a lot of other maps that have large stretches of flat land, such as SG4 and Valleyside. I'm also aware of the lack of detail in some builds. This map was started at least a year ago, and the older builds may not possess as much detail as some will like. However, I don't think the lack of detail is a big issue. We have put a lot of effort into making this a great SG map. Sure, not all the builds are great, but builds alone aren't the most important part of an SG map. This map is built especially to give players an exciting and fun PvP experience. If you look closely at Blazing Dunes, I hope you'll be able to see it's abundance of creativity and the depth of the fun little secrets you can find. What I'm trying to say is that while some builds may not be incredibly detailed, we put a lot of effort into making them fit into the map so that we can provide a fun and innovative Survival Games experience.

Thanks,
DragonWizard37 (Leader/Organizer of Team Blaze)
If you're going to dismiss all criticism, then you shouldn't make a map in the first place.

Flat areas for PvP doesn't mean no terraforming in an area. As long as you don't have steep hills and overcrowded structures, it's fine.

There is little detail, which is huge in an SG map. And you can't supply detail, you can't have an innovative build.

DragonWizard373737

Spectator
Reaction score
If you're going to dismiss all criticism, then you shouldn't make a map in the first place.

Flat areas for PvP doesn't mean no terraforming in an area. As long as you don't have steep hills and overcrowded structures, it's fine.

There is little detail, which is huge in an SG map. And you can't supply detail, you can't have an innovative build.
Dismissing criticism? I was just addressing their suggestions. I appreciate their criticism, but I'm not going to automatically change everything that anyone suggests. I was just telling them my point of view. If you can't understand that, you shouldn't be posting here in the first place.

It's true that areas with a little terraforming can be good for PvP, but what's wrong with no terraforming in some areas? As long as it's not a giant flat plain of bland nothingness.

There's a lot of detail in most areas. We've put an incredible amount of detail into every corner of the map, making all area full of secrets, traps, and new ideas to explore. There are some builds with little detail, sure, but they're basically just filler builds, and they're vastly outnumbered by the detailed ones. Could you please tell us what aspects of the map could be improved with more details?

Maybe you should download the map and take a closer look before posting something as harsh as that. We try to be fair here on Team Blaze.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Some of the builds seem to lack detail, and the ground seems too flat.
This.

My problem is that most of these pictures are taken with shaders, and I'm afraid that the map would look a bit worse without shaders on.

RedTieCreeper

Spectator
Reaction score
This.

My problem is that most of these pictures are taken with shaders, and I'm afraid that the map would look a bit worse without shaders on.
They will be up asap :)! In the meantime, try using the map download to check it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci